• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Comment

Bon Jour, Oh Great One...

With which luminaries have you associated today?

Comment

Gave up trying to download binary files to the Dataman S4...

Found a bin2hex converter on the Kiel site & used that to make, oddly enough, a hex file & successfully downloaded that & programmed a 24LC64.

To say the flashing lights thing is unspectacular is putting it mildly.

Ah well, it wasn't my money...

Comment

And I finally figured out the froggie's software even though I still don't have a Delphi compiler...

His incomprehensible error messages were caused by having .txt files in the directory that had non numeric characters in them... stunning piece of programming that...

The "readme.txt" really made it throw a wobbly

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            And I finally figured out the froggie's software even though I still don't have a Delphi compiler...

His incomprehensible error messages were caused by having .txt files in the directory that had non numeric characters in them... stunning piece of programming that...

The "readme.txt" really made it throw a wobbly
            I had a text file that displayed an animation that exploited the non-printable ascii control characters. Pretty colours too!

Comment

I sometimes wonder..............

.......then I give up (I really ought to concentrate)

Comment

To say the flashing lights thing is unspectacular is putting it mildly.

Aha!

Have stuck a scope on the damn thing, it revealed one solitary spike to 5V, followed by a mediocre decline to about 2.

Consulting the oracle (a.k.a. the fecking datasheet) revealed all...

The PCF8574 is a pseudo bidirectional port. Just like the 8051 ports that we all know and love(?).

You get about 30us of strong pullup, followed by a weak pullup of between 30 & 300uA.

Which does bugger all for the octal darlingtons that it's driving.

The addition of 32 4k3 resistors in R1206 sm packages as pullups to 5V has increased the light output from barely visible to dazzling.

Comment

I knew you all wanted to know that...

Which sort of begs the question of how the froggie chappie got his to work without them...

Comment

I knew you all wanted to know that...

Which sort of begs the question of how the froggie chappie got his to work without them...
                    thats been bugging me too!!!

Comment

Ah well, it wasn't my money...
                      Indeed not; I'm just the mug who bought a Dataman S4 and used it twice in 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X