• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Wot?

No Doggie?

She was just trying to preserve the sanity of tpd.........

Comment

Lunch for me too....I'm being taken out to lunch today One of the guys here from another office and I suspect we will have a fantastic bitching session
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        ........ I suspect we will have a fantastic bitching session
        Some days are good!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Seriosly Morning How are you?
          Fine thanks Scourer - off to London in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            ooohhh! Anywhere near bank?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Lunch for me too....I'm being taken out to lunch today One of the guys here from another office and I suspect we will have a fantastic bitching session
              That will make a change

Comment

Are you off to @media?

Quite fancied that myself, particularly to hear from Messers Boulton, Clarke and Hicks.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  ooohhh! Anywhere near bank?
                  South Bank, to be precise

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    Are you off to @media?

Quite fancied that myself, particularly to hear from Messers Boulton, Clarke and Hicks.
                    Yup, my favourite conference - very handy for getting back in touch with various people. The actual presentations are usually very good too

Andy Clarke's usually pretty good, as is Jon Hicks. I haven't actually seen Mark Boulton doing his thing before, but he's bound to be interesting.

Looking forward to seeing Molly again - I haven't seen her since @media two years ago, although we've exchanged the odd email.

Chris Wilson is good too, though somewhat hampered by having to answer every single question about what Microsoft are planning with "I can't say"

Doug Crockford should be interesting; he's a smart guy, but very opinionated. He also has a tendency to regard his opinions as absolute fact, which can lead to some interesting times during questions.

The other year at @media Ajax we had Crockford and Brendan Eich on the same bill - they each devoted decent chunks of their talks to denigrating each other's views, and indeed each other, in a variety of humorous ways

Comment

Andy Clarke's usually pretty good, as is Jon Hicks. I haven't actually seen Mark Boulton doing his thing before, but he's bound to be interesting.
                      It's a shame that Hicks and Oxton seem to have stopped producing The Rissington Podcast - I rather enjoyed that.

Chris Wilson is good too, though somewhat hampered by having to answer every single question about what Microsoft are planning with "I can't say"
                      I sense that things are changing in that respect in the Ballmer era. Although Ballmer himself has been guilty of a few drop bollocks with respect to release announcements recently, only to be reigned in (by having his statements "clarified") by marketing.

The other year at @media Ajax we had Crockford and Brendan Eich on the same bill - they each devoted decent chunks of their talks to denigrating each other's views, and indeed each other, in a variety of humorous ways
                      That sort of thing always makes a conference more enjoyable
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X