• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimbledon on TV until 9pm

Comment

I think I am going to read a book

Comment

Evening - if therre is anyone there!

No accesss to CUK from ClientCo I'm afraid

And DD is on ther PC most evenings so I have not been here to often

Must make amends as I am getting withdrawal symptoms

How is everyone?
        Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

That's the shopping done, together with a couple of bags of glassware taken to the bottle bank

It's suddenly become incredibly humid round here, and keeps going dark, then lightening up again - I'm pretty sure we're in for a thunderstorm

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            Evening - if therre is anyone there!

No accesss to CUK from ClientCo I'm afraid

And DD is on ther PC most evenings so I have not been here to often

Must make amends as I am getting withdrawal symptoms

How is everyone?
            Hi Zara

Get yourself a netbook for when DD is hogging the PC

Week off for me - a few days at home, then off to a conference in London on Wednesday

How's things?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Hi Zara

Get yourself a netbook for when DD is hogging the PC

Week off for me - a few days at home, then off to a conference in London on Wednesday

How's things?
              Would not mind - gave the kids my old laptop - DS plays games and DD wants the internet

Gig is going OK - just landed another project upgrading some of their mapping software ( inc. GIS) and all the servers - should keep me out of trouble - they are still on server 2000 and the applications are also no longer supported - oh well!

How are things doing with you?

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                How are things doing with you?
                OK thanks - I've been extended to the end of the year

It'll potentially go on beyond that too - their financial year runs from end of July. They've just had the budget approved for next year, and being not-for-profit, they don't seem to feel any sense of urgency regarding delivering stuff; finding ways of spending the budget (e.g. on contractors) is regarded as much more important

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  OK thanks - I've been extended to the end of the year

It'll potentially go on beyond that too - their financial year runs from end of July. They've just had the budget approved for next year, and being not-for-profit, they don't seem to feel any sense of urgency regarding delivering stuff; finding ways of spending the budget (e.g. on contractors) is regarded as much more important
                  Well done thst man!

Well I am contracted untill October - but one of my projects will over one due to the building they are moving into will not be handed over form the builders to the fit out team in time - so I am hoping that I can get another couple of months there - would be nice to work up till Xmas.

Comment

evening all

Comment

no training for me tonight as wifey is STILL out with friends, I think it has been one hell of a shopping trip.

Comment

Working...
                      X