• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just discovered the "Goto Page" thingie...

Comment

Isn't it odd...

I read about that on Ceefax last night & I just knew it was him...

Comment

Originally posted by NOT NickFitz
        My one and only flirtation with programming was on the C64. I bought a book on programming games in basic when I got my Commodore 64. The book contained various programs and catered for all of the platforms out at the time: Vic20; C64; Acorn Electron; BBC Micro; Dragon 32. You get the picture.

Well, each program contained the full code for all machines in one big lump and the programmer was supposed to look at a key on the opposite page to know which code to put in for his particular machine from the big lump.

Using the logic of a 9 year old boy I decided it was quicker to write in the full lump of code for all platforms, then use the key retrospectively to cull the unnecessary code for other platforms out. It seemed quicker at the time.

Only thing was that once I'd finished putting the lump of code in for 'Death Valley' I couldn't resist running the program, just to see what would happen, even though I knew it still contained foreign code that needed editing out.

Run. The code on the screen started changing through the 8 multiple colours of the C64 from left to right and ran down to the bottom of the page and the screen then froze. I was not happy, I was left with a multi-colour page of frozen text. I hadn't saved my code and had just wasted half an hour of my life. I turned the machine off and flicked the screen back on again. Nothing. Dead. Off to the menders...

I'd killed my C64 with my first programming effort. Fortunately this early lesson that programming was not for me meant I never touched programming again. While I could possibly be considerably better off financially had I stuck with it, at least my life is probably more fulfilled (he says sitting in front of HPC writing pointless posts).

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
          Got you........
          What you doing out of the kitchen?

It's Friday tomorrow. Why not spend this afternoon planning what you're going to do with the kids tomorrow?
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            How are you finding things? I had a busy week last week - turned down one offer as it would not cover the childminders fees, came back with a better offer which I accepted and never heard back
            Ooh, gotta keep chasing that one!
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              What you doing out of the kitchen?

It's Friday tomorrow. Why not spend this afternoon planning what you're going to do with the kids tomorrow?
              Yeap, I will take them out for the day tomorrow - not sure what yet

Ooh, gotta keep chasing that one!
              May do, I was not too fussed but it would have paid the bills - just!

Oh well - something will crop up - hopefully!
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Comment

Tomorrow the bench will still be here.

But by tomorrow, today will have gone and so will another day of your children's childhood. That can never be recaptured. It will be lost forever.

Go. Take your children out. There's nothing they want more in the world than time with their Daddy. They will carry today with them for the rest of their lives.

Go. Explore with your children. Teach them something. Help them grow. It's a parent's duty, a parent's gift and a parent's blessing.

Go.
                  sob!

Comment

<nods and weeps uncontrollably>

Comment

less than a score!

Comment

Working...
                      X