• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go for the mixed grill NF

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      It doesn't have to be abroad, but I'd work away in the week for the right price.

I've done it before, it was tough but lucrative.
      I'd find that very tough. I consider myself extremely lucky that I've never had to work away from home.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        I'd find that very tough. I consider myself extremely lucky that I've never had to work away from home.
        the first two weeks were the toughest, but after that the time seemed to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Evening

I recommend steak and beer - that's both the major foodgroups covered.
          Hi VF

I was already thinking very much along those lines

go for the mixed grill NF
          Hi 5*

I don't think they do a mixed grill, or at least not at the moment - it's proper cooking rather than some bog-standard pub-chain menu, so the mains on offer change by at least one dish almost every day

I think the only things still on the menu from when I started this gig are the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Steak & Chips - and I'm not certain about the CTM; I think they might have put a different curry on late last week

Oh, there's the battered cod - that's very nice, but then, they've got a bit of a thing for seafood; it has its own menu and its own specials board. Shame I'm not very keen on seafood

Comment

just seen a tasty roll advertised in Cork, the rate isn't the best.
            I think I'll get this week over and done with and then start casting the net.

I'm not in thursday/friday this week, so over the weekend I'll dust off the CV

Comment

just seen a tasty roll advertised in Cork, the rate isn't the best.
              I think I'll get this week over and done with and then start casting the net.

I'm not in thursday/friday this week, so over the weekend I'll dust off the CV
              Mmmm, tasty roll

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Mmmm, tasty roll
                And with that, my stomach begins rumbling

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Shame I'm not very keen on seafood
                  I used to feel the same way until I had the most wonderful meal at Critchard’s Seafood Restaurant in Porthleven. Truly one of the best meals I have ever had, and really changed my attitude towards seafood in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Mmmm, tasty roll
                    WHS

Comment

Early night for a change

Comment

Working...
                      X