• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    The background fluff is the best bit about Warhammer imo.

For rules systems I always preferred the WRG 7th ed. or DBM.
    Yeah, there's an amazing amount of detail in the fluff - those chaps must really enjoy their work! I still need to make a start on the Horus Heresy.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Bit late today, got side tracked in General and I discovered there is a place named cheddar... cool eh?

It's is where they have the huge vats that old tramps' socks are boiled in to render down into supermarket-brand cheese.

Once upon a time there actually was a product called Cheddar Cheese. It was very nice. But that was in once-upon-a-time land. Before supermarkets destroyed the British cheese industry.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Trying to find an vaugly IT related event or conferance in London at the end of the month so I can get a trip down for the CUK drinkies financed on expenses
        Check the BCS Events calendar. There is something on most days and almost everything is free. You do NOT need to be a member to attend the occasional event.

PS What's the date in question? I died of old age half way through that thread.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Morning drivellers.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Check the BCS Events calendar. There is something on most days and almost everything is free. You do NOT need to be a member to attend the occasional event.

PS What's the date in question? I died of old age half way through that thread.
            29th of May the lat time I looked. BCS have nothing on that day, I looked
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Ah, that'll be the card/perfume kudos written off then
              Completely.

Back to the job searching for me...

... and a list of jobs is being drawn up for me for the weekend too.

Comment

Completely.

Back to the job searching for me...

... and a list of jobs is being drawn up for me for the weekend too.
                Pay for it with the company card, treat it as a directors loan and pay it back as soon as the money comes through.

Paying for stuff in the short term to cover cashflow hiccups is exactly what the directors loan account is for.

Comment

Pay for it out of the company account, class it as a directors loan and pay it back when the money comes through.
                  Because NatWest screwed up a number of years ago ...

... I have a dodgy credit record ...

... which Experian says is NatWest's fault and NatWest says is Experian's fault ...

... which means I can't fix it ...

... which means I cannot get a business debit card ...

... which means I cannot buy things like hotel bookings through the company.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    We did have the condensed version, but that was slightly out-of-date after the recent update,
                    Games Workshop are buggers for that, aren't they?

Then there'll be the Codex updates...

Then there'll be the heavy armour updates ...

Then there'll be the Battle for Wombat's Knob XII rule book ...

It's as bad as golf or crack cocaine.

Comment

Games Workshop are buggers for that, aren't they?

Then there'll be the Codex updates...

Then there'll be the heavy armour updates ...

Then there'll be the Battle for Wombat's Knob XII rule book ...

It's as bad as golf or crack cocaine.
                      It's their primary business model. Keep pumping out new rules and figures for them to keep people hooked into it.

You'll notice that most of their officially sanctioned events require you to be using the latest rules and have the figures to represent the units accurately in order to be allowed to take part.

It's another reason I didnt really get into WH when I was still playing wargames.

Comment

Working...
                      X