• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    what about oral test with a well fit french teacher... she was well trim.
    We had a very attractive young P.E. teacher lass who was very trim. And flexible. Actually thinking about it, I seem to recall she got knobbed by a student as well.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Really? An aesthetically pleasing female developer? I thought those were mythical creatures...
      This was 20-odd years ago when there was loads of totty in the industry.

The one I was referring to there was upper middle class from landed gentry. Very intelligent, tall, beautiful and witty. Seriously fit. When she got divorced there'd be scuffles in the corridor for the right to fetch her a cup of coffee.

Another Senior Programmer at the same software house was a 'party animal'. Stunning body. When she smiled at you, you melted. And went hard. Eight years older than me but I warmed her bed a few times (not that she ever let it get cold). (She used to send me home when I started snoring. Although I don't know why I think you needed to know that.)

At a media organisation, there was loads in the IT department too. Mind you, some of them had drifted in from the media side and were loose with their morals to the extent that you didn't want to bother. Pin in a bucket. "Are you in?" "In? I'm done!"

Oh, how I miss the 1980s.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        This was 20-odd years ago when there was loads of totty in the industry.
        I was late to the party as ever
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I went from school where there were as many or more girls in my top set Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics classes as boys...

... to college to do Computer Studies where there was an even mix of boys and girls ...

... and women IT lecturers as well as men ...

... to watching movies like TRON which showed women as computer scientists & programmers and WarGames where they can be hacking 'n' phreaking computer students ...

... to a software house where there was about a 50-50 mix with women in supervisory roles, management, two regional managers, as one of the Directors and as the Company Secretary (no, not admin, you know what I mean by Co Sec.) ...

... to a large media organisation's IT dept where my boss's boss was a woman and women fairly represented there ...

... all the time reading the IT trade press where women appeared maybe not as much as men but on every page as journalists, business owners, marketing directors, etc.

... to wondering why the media started talking about the industry being sexist. That's bollocks.

If it has become that way, it is purely because the media has put girls and women off from coming into IT.

Tossers.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I'm sure there was only 8Kb available to COBOL instance on an ICL ME29. After that you had to use paging.

I can still recall my Senior Programmer (God, she was tasty) telling me that if I had to use paging, it was permitted only if a swapped out page was never needed to be swapped back in.
            I remember the stress it took trying understand what CLOB (core load overlay builder a.k.a. A Linker) commands you had to use to create a program that would run in a 16k partition on a GA16-220 with 48kw of ram.

It took me 3 days & mucho cursing to finally understand it.

And it was about 3 weeks before we scrapped the machine that I finally found out how to access the command tail from FORTRAN (IV of course).

We never did get the extra 16k ram board to take it up to the full 64k...

Comment

If you want to know how late, you missed Ada Lovelace.

Mind you, Grace Hopper was no oil painting.

Comment

We had a very attractive young P.E. teacher lass who was very trim. And flexible. Actually thinking about it, I seem to recall she got knobbed by a student as well.
                Was her nickname "Lassie"?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Was her nickname "Lassie"?
                  Why do they call her "Lassie"?

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... etc.

You had to have watched the film...

Comment

Was IE written in QuickBASIC?
                    Certainly runs as if it might have been.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      a GA16-220 with 48kw of ram.
                      I was going to query the units in 48kw ...

... so I look "GA160-220" up in Google to see what technology it used for its RAM. Ferrous rings? Mercury delay lines? What might there be burning up power? ...

... and get you posting about it on here!

Comment

Working...
                      X