• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, I feel wretched. Banging headache, my eye muscles hurt, I ache all over.

Bed, methinks.

I wouldn't mind, but I've not been anywhere to catch anything.

Except the doctor's this afternoon.

Oh tulip.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

In the extremely unlikely event that I get in the lustee's knickers, I'll be sure to let you all know...

Time for bed, said Zeity...

Feck off said the lustee...

Byeee

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        I suppose I ought to go get some new ones...
        I have no doubt that mine will be epic win. Already tonight I've been marvelling at the wonders that are revealed to me when I can get a clear view of things that are more than six feet away

I was looking forward to having a good look at the Moon in all its refulgent splendour, but the powers that be have stuck a cloud in front of it. As a result, all I've seen is a cloud backlit by a blurry white disc; I could have seen that anyway

For some reason I'm reminded of something by J B Morton, writing as Beachcomber many years ago:
        He asked her name with a certain polish, which she found attractive.
        (From a novel.)

Smearing her nose with Lickstone's Lightning Allglow, he inquired her name. "Agnes Duttle," she replied, "and I like this polish."
        Or,
        His face shone like the sun as he asked her name. "Vera Dogsley," she said, "and surely it is Frogmere's Goldigleam that makes your face so refulgent?"

(J B Morton, Here and Now, 1947 - and I've only just discovered, in looking that up, that almost thirty years ago I bought a first edition thereof for £2.95 )
        Last edited by NickFitz; 9 May 2009, 03:25. Reason: Improved indentation; Yet another reminder that I'm older than I think - almost thirty years :-(

Comment

Can't sleep.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I was looking forward to having a good look at the Moon in all its refulgent splendour, but the powers that be have stuck a cloud in front of it.
          Indeed it is most refulgent.

As I went to bed and checked the window was open, the sheep in the back field positively glowed, like noctilucent clouds. Meanwhile the rape seed fields around them were like a patchwork bedspread of gold and satin. The small wood on the hill, like a black silk nightie, lain on the bed as a reminder that that was where one should be.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Morning

Bacon, mushrooms, egg and beans FTW
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

As I went to bed and checked the window was open, the sheep in the back field positively glowed, like noctilucent clouds. Meanwhile the rape seed fields around them were like a patchwork bedspread of gold and satin. The small wood on the hill, like a black silk nightie, lain on the bed as a reminder that that was where one should be.

The moon was rather splendid here last night as well, but I couldn't describe the scene nearly as well as that

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                Morning

Bacon, mushrooms, egg and beans FTW

A proppa brekky!

I've been good. Started getting the year end stuff together for the accountant.

Put a load of washing on.

Some other stuff (I forget what but there' two envelopes ned posting now).

Mrs BI fancies going out for a week for some exercise, so we're off oout for a bit. If that doesn't include a quick half in a pub I shall be most disappointed.

Comment

Afternoon everyone
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Comment

A proppa brekky!
                      It was bostin, featuring mahoosive mushrooms from the local farm shop.

Mrs BI fancies going out for a week for some exercise, so we're off oout for a bit. If that doesn't include a quick half in a pub I shall be most disappointed.

A walk? A walk to a nice pub - the acceptable face of exercise.

Comment

Working...
                      X