• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Afternoon denizens

Broadband's back

Been having trouble with my wireless connectivity today - time to ditch the BeBox for something more reliable.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

Been having trouble with my wireless connectivity today - time to ditch the BeBox for something more reliable.
      Hi VF

I had a wireless router die for no apparent reason the other year

It's very pleasant having a snappy connection again

Comment

Hi VF

I had a wireless router die for no apparent reason the other year

It's very pleasant having a snappy connection again
        This BeBox (a rebadged Thompson Speedtouch) really is a PoS - I'm now on my second one after the first one decided to power cycle randomly. Just trying to decide between a NetGear or Draytek - the former is supposedly a better partner for Be as it uses the same chipset as the BeBox, while the latter is a more robust (and expensive) product that may require some tweaking to get the most from my ISP. Decisions, decisions...

Comment

The one I had that died was a Netgear WPN824. I bought a Netgear WPN824v2 to replace it and it's worked perfectly ever since

Comment

The one I had that died was a Netgear WPN824. I bought a Netgear WPN824v2 to replace it and it's worked perfectly ever since
            My first WAP was a Netgear box - cost me over £150 at the time. It only supported WEP as WPA was still a work in progress, but came with an assurance that a future firmware release would implement the latter. Alas they quietly reneged on that promise and released a slightly revised version of the device with support for WPA. Despite promising to issue me with a replacement it never turned up
            Last edited by voodooflux; 2 May 2009, 19:10.

Comment

Dinner will be ready soon - roast lamb today

Comment

I've found a higher-quality copy of La Cabina

I wish they'd release it on DVD, to save me the trouble of hunting round the net for it

Comment

I've found a higher-quality copy of La Cabina

I wish they'd release it on DVD, to save me the trouble of hunting round the net for it
                  Just read the synopsis for that - sounds like an episode the The Twilight Zone!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    Just read the synopsis for that - sounds like an episode the The Twilight Zone!
                    It's an excellent film. It was on BBC 2 a couple of times in the Eighties; once seen, never forgotten

Comment

De noorderlingen (The Northerners) is another brilliantly strange film that's long overdue for DVD release

Comment

Working...
                      X