• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*bump*
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Evening denizens

Just made it back to the hotel, and it's almost time to go out if I'm to get to the pub before they stop doing food. It's a hectic life, being a contractor

My trip to the opticians was a success... for the optician. £372!

I knew I'd need new glasses for distance viewing (either that or somebody has been Photoshopping all the road signs with the blur tool), and as I further expected it transpires that my new specs will be too strong for reading, so I need reading glasses too

Add in the anti-glare treatment and the Reactions thing to save needing sunglasses, and it soon mounts up. Still, I get a spare pair of each (without the expensive additional treatments) free, so that's better than nothing.

I've thought a few times how unfortunate it would be if I was staying away on a gig and broke my glasses the day I was due to head home - I'd be trapped

Comment

evening all

I am off to bed in a few minutes.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            WHS - night folks
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

It's gone quiet again.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Does it involve NZ's most notable export?

(No, not dead sheep bits - Police Ten-7, of course )
                It's not really my cup of tea, but I do see that they have seemed to manage to combine both last weekend:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10567556 (SFW)

This happened just down the road from where someone we know claims to live, but it turns out three students from nearer to me have been fingered for it.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10567876 (SFW)
                Last edited by Gonzo; 21 April 2009, 22:41.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Gosh.

There we are then...

Another nice little chat with the lustee...
                  Slowly but steadily marks the way

Your Giant Alien Lizardliness is bound to fascinate her before too long*...

* Even if it's only a metaphor... or is one not supposed to suggest such things

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                    It's not really my cup of tea, but I do see that they have seemed to manage to combine both last weekend:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10567556 (SFW)

This happened just down the road from where someone we know claims to live, but it turns out three students from nearer to me have been fingered for it.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10567876 (SFW)
                    He probably funded the enterprise from his supposed earnings in Duh City

How's you? I hope you're well, and enjoying your second autumn in the last six months

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      He probably funded the enterprise from his supposed earnings in Duh City

How's you? I hope you're well, and enjoying your second autumn in the last six months
                      I'm good thanks.

It is my second autumn. It is starting to get a bit chilly overnight and takes until lunchtime to warm up properly now, but I may have gone native now in that respect.

What the locals describe here as "cool" would have been a perfectly acceptable summer's day back in London.

Here in Auckland the temperature is forecast to "plummet" to 9 degrees celcius overnight.

Comment

Working...
                      X