• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now have the go-ahead for my day off on Wednesday

Unfortunately, although it would be pretty cool to spend the day drivelling on TPD, I'll probably end up wasting my time doing stuff in London instead

To be precise, I intend to further burden my home with disparate books by spending much of the day browsing around the assorted second-hand bookshops - I'm so sorry, I meant "antiquarian booksellers" - that lurk in the vicinity of Charing Cross Road

I always used to regard a trip round the shops that resulted in twenty or thirty additional books (mainly old) being added to my personal library as the perfect way of spending a birthday. Sadly, most of the decent bookshops at home have gone the way of all flesh; so I shall give London a chance to demonstrate its virtues in this field.

Of course the optimum solution would be a trip to Hay on Wye, but I do have to be back at ClientOrg on Thursday morning, so a trip to the Autonomous Welsh Border Region is sadly beyond my reach this year

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      leaving clientco now

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Evening all
      ...and there he was, gone

Honestly Scourer, now that you're on lates, it's your responsibility to keep drivelling through the night

As it's your first day we'll let you off this once; but henceforth we expect you to keep going until at least 21:05

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Of course the optimum solution would be a trip to Hay on Wye, but I do have to be back at ClientOrg on Thursday morning, so a trip to the Autonomous Welsh Border Region is sadly beyond my reach this year
            I was just going to suggest that, followed up with a drive through the Brecon Beacons and dinner at Symonds Yat for a great Birthday itinerary
            Last edited by voodooflux; 21 April 2009, 07:13.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

...and there he was, gone

Honestly Scourer, now that you're on lates, it's your responsibility to keep drivelling through the night

As it's your first day we'll let you off this once; but henceforth we expect you to keep going until at least 21:05

I was suffering from exhaustion! Curled under a blanket with a cup of cocoa and a werthers original.

My drivel rate will suffer while I get used to the new role.....

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all

How's things?
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    I was just going to suggest that, followed up with a drive through the Brecon Beacons and dinner at Symonds Yat for a great Birthday itinerary
                    I rarely found much in Hay on Wye that was of interest really.

There was the SF bookshop tucked away somewhere near the carpark, but other than that it tended to disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                      Morning all

How's things?

A bit warm in here this morning... the heating is still going full blast now that the weather has warmed up a bit.

Naturally the heating was pretty mediocre when the weather was cold.

Last year they turned it off in May & everyone froze... I turned on my fan heater to warm my room up a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X