• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    OK thanks - the new gig is already proving to be very interesting, and the location is a great improvement over being in the middle of nowhere
    That's good news.

How are you? Looking forward to the new series of Police Ten 7?
    I haven't watched a lot of TV since I have been here, it is mostly pretty tulipe. The only highlight has been "The Flight of the Conchords" which I have enjoyed a lot but although that is done by New Zealanders, it is made in the US by HBO.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 10 April 2009, 21:22.

Comment

Right, I now have to drive Mrs Gonzo to her weightwatchers meeting.

I don't think that she really appreciates the irony of asking me to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        Right, I now have to drive Mrs Gonzo to her weightwatchers meeting.

I don't think that she really appreciates the irony of asking me to do that.

Pub time - see you later

Comment

Back again

My rockstar friend was in the pub tonight. He asked me if the fact that he was born on (in his birth year) Easter Saturday, at a time when Christ was dead-pending-Resurrection, had any implications

I pointed out that I was born on (in my birth year) Easter Sunday, at about the time of early morning when the Resurrection of Christ must have occurred.

So if the time of one's birth, correlated with the mythology of Christianity, has any significance it follows that I am The Risen Christ, the Second Coming, and all that kind of thing

I then pointed out that neither he nor I thought that this obvious hogwash had any significance whatsoever; ergo, the circumstances of his birth also bore no significance.

And to me that is the wonderful thing about the Universe we find ourselves in: none of it makes any sense, for sense is something we apply for the purpose of interpreting it, not something that inheres in it per se (and yes, "inheres" is a real word).

Once you understand that none of it makes any sense in and of itself, it all makes a lot more sense when you try to make sense of it

Comment

Once you understand that none of it makes any sense in and of itself, it all makes a lot more sense when you try to make sense of it

I think that you could drive yourself insane trying to make sense of it. Best not to bother.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              I think he has nodded off.
              Gonzo
              Contractor Among Contractors

palinilap

Comment

Here's your pali, Scourer
                Thank you kind Sir. Alas I was in bed! I was all drivelled out.......

Comment

There are less posts here then there are jobs on jobserve
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Anyone going to save me from posting in General?
                    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                      Anyone going to save me from posting in General?
                      Don't do it.

Trust me, you'll just end up getting dragged into a petty argument with the trolls

Comment

Working...
                      X