• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrilloPad 21,306
    zeitghost 16,546
    cailin maith 12,561
    Diver 11,070
    voodooflux 10,052
    DS23 10,002
    TheFaQQer 9,663
    NickFitz 9,602
    BrowneIssue 9,519
    FiveTimes 7,495
    Bear 5,958
    El_Diablo 4,374
    Jog On 2,333
    HeliCraig 2,278
    DiscoStu 2,244
    Fortune Green 2,215
    DaveB 1,853
    PRC1964 1,557
    zara_backdog 1,295
    n5gooner 1,290
    Sockpuppet 1,227
    realityhack 1,155
    Churchill 1,144
    Troll 1,058
    Xenophon 1,006

Comment

The petition is going well : I am very pleased.

I must email a few more and ask them to sign!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Morning drivellers
        Morning Brillo

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          Morning Brillo
          How are you doing?

Comment

Morning BP!

Morning Gonzo!

*cough*accepted*cough*
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Good morning TPD
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                MAME's too good for 'em
                I haven't played with MAME for ages. A game of Gauntlet may be called for today methinks

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                If you install the Defender ROMs, remember to use a throwaway keyboard - these modern things just can't take the punishment necessary to get above 250,000
                Whilst cleaniing out the study I stumbled acrosss my old Track n' Field controller for the Atari ROM edition of said game. It was a rather simple device - essentially a flat box with two run buttons and an action button, but probably saved a good amount of wear and tear on the old joystick (fnarr, fnarr).

Comment

Morning VF!
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Morning VF!
                    And good morning to you CJ How are you on this fine Friday morning?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Morning BP!

Morning Gonzo!

*cough*accepted*cough*
                      Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      How are you doing?

I've had a good day today.

I still had about £36 pay as you go credit on my Oystercard which I don't need any more. (I know it was bad planning but this was due to me giving up trying to get refunds for the cards the Outlaws had used when they visited and transferring the balances onto my card).

Anyway, I became so frustrated dealing with the Oystercard people on the phone before leaving London that I made getting the refund one of those tasks to put on the back-burner and attempt later.

Today I thought I would give it another go. It turns out that by pretending that the card had been lost or stolen I was able to get it cancelled and the balance refunded to my account - I didn't realise that I had an account which was separate to the card, let alone that it somehow had £9 in it.

From there, asking for the money to be sent as a refund was simple.

They charge £5 for this for some reason, but the upshot is that they are sending me a cheque for £40. With the current rate that GBP is depreciating, I might just be able to treat myself to a pint when it gets here, providing that it doesn't take too long.

Comment

Working...
                      X