• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Each time this modem forces me to reconnect it seems to get a different external IP address. Presumably there's a limited number of them, but it means I should be able to clock up a few tpdville visits when it works

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Each time this modem forces me to reconnect it seems to get a different external IP address. Presumably there's a limited number of them, but it means I should be able to clock up a few tpdville visits when it works
      The strange thing with my 3 modem is that I appear to be behind a proxy whenever I connect (i.e. my local IP address is different from my public facing IP).
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

It worked - new parks!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          The strange thing with my 3 modem is that I appear to be behind a proxy whenever I connect (i.e. my local IP address is different from my public facing IP).
          Network Address Translation - they're using the 10/8 subnet

Comment

Network Address Translation - they're using the 10/8 subnet
            That's what I figured (proxy wasn't the best term) but my nephew (who has a PAYG 3 modem) isn't subject to this - both his local and public IP addresses are the same
            Last edited by voodooflux; 18 March 2009, 21:33.

Comment

That's what I figured (proxy wasn't the best term) but my nephew (who has a PAYG 3 modem) isn't subject to this - both his local and public IP addresses are the same
              Might be something at the local cell level I suppose?

Comment

Night everyone
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Night everyone

Comment

Weird

The Internet Connect thingy on OS X shows my local IP address whenever I connect, and it's always from the 10/8 subnet.

Oh, and I'm PAYG too

Comment

In other news, Molly finally got back to me - apparently a WordPress upgrade broke her feed, and she's looking into it

If you upgraded WordPress recently, you might want to check that your RSS/Atom feeds are working correctly

Comment

Working...
                      X