• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Now it's time to go to hospital for an ECG and to have a continuous blood pressure monitor machine strapped / glued / nailed to my person.
    I had one of those a while back. Good luck with it.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Afternoon denizens
      Afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The thing they've thrown my way now could probably be done in about an hour - it's pretty simple, and is for internal use only; an admin system for online promotions they run on behalf of their clients. I've decided that I shall go for a massively over-engineered solution replete with all kinds of Ajaxy bits in the UI and animations of things that needn't be animated, just to keep me occupied until the end of the day
        Gratioutous eye candy FTW

Comment

If you need help, it is here.

Warning: put an hour aside before clicking on the link.
          Love the mission statement.

Well I think we should all sit down and have a nice cup of tea, and some biscuits, nice ones mind you. Oh and some cake would be nice as well. Lovely.

If I was still contracting I'd adopt it for My Co.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

So I used the blood pressure onitor we bought from the chemist (which gives the same readings as the GP gets) ... too high, 120 over 92. WTF?
            According to that your blood pressure is fine, although the diastolic (second figure) might be just a tad high. That's pretty much what mine is, and as long as the systolic reading is OK then they won't worry too much about that diastolic figure.

Comment

If you need help, it is here.

Warning: put an hour aside before clicking on the link.
              I'm going to like that site, I can tell...

You have come to the premier web site for tea drinkers who are keen on sitting down and biscuits. Oh and cake aswell. If you eat biscuits then its a fair bet you'll have some cake if its on offer.
              I like the spelling and grammer disclaimer as well...

The world is full of many many people all unique and all different. Some of those people have brains that easily remember the rules of grammar and the sequences of letters that spell out the words of our respective languages. Then again there are those who do not but are quite handy at making Origami animals out of biscuit wrappers. I dear reader fall soundly into the second camp. Difficult as it may be for the people in the first camp to understand the people in the second don't do it to be annoying. They don't do it because they are lazy. They often don't do it because they really know better. They do it because they are innately a bit useless at spelling and grammar. If their American spell checker sneaks in the odd 'Americanized' spelling, it sometimes goes unnoticed. It may sometimes even suggest the wrong word. Do the members of the second camp expect those in the first to make them a paper kangaroo from an old Club wrapper? They do not.

We do strive to correct any errors or spelling mistakes in content as it is added to the site. If you spot something that you think we should fix then a polite and succinct email is always welcome. If you want to tell us that we should know better, then as I have tried to explain we obviously don't. So whilst firing off a blunt email ticking us off may make you feel better, it will unfortunately just divert our energies from making this a fun and interesting place to visit on the world wide web.

Thank you for your understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                According to that your blood pressure is fine, although the diastolic (second figure) might be just a tad high. That's pretty much what mine is, and as long as the systolic reading is OK then they won't worry too much about that diastolic figure.
                Oh good
                Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  It's mine
                  It is yours inasmuchas you got the 160,000th post and that it is yours in principle.

I, however, have authenticated, certificated proof otherwise.

Obviously, I don't get to go on FaQQer's records, and it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

But if there's anything I've learned from this government it's not to let the facts get in the way.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                    Have you caught up already? I thought you were still back in November, or are you flitting back and forth between the past and present like an episode of Lost?
                    That's it. I am in the far past and the recent past and sometimes the current.

It might be easier this way as my target ceases to be the current but a fixed point in the near past.

So, over time, my target moves into the further past whilst my current position is in the yet further past but getting nearer.

Which must be easier.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Before installing anything on my own machines I decide: do I do a full backup first, or a full restore first?

For backups I take a disc image. When I want to uninstall anything, I don't anymore, I do an incremental backup (two of), an image restore, an incremental backup restore. It is usually far, far quicker than trying to uninstall something.

When installing something, I just need to decide whether to clean the machine back to the last image, or whether to take a fresh image, before the installation.
                      This was on a virtual OS image supplied by the former parent company of ClientCo - a bastardised version of Windows XP with the Oracle 10i client already installed. I've been installing/removing various components and then taking a copy of the virtual drive after each step.

Comment

Working...
                      X