• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all...

Comment

I'm really losing the will to live with the work at clientco, its soooo boring and handle churning.
      I've not even bothered to shave this morning either

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Lurkers out!

El VooDooFlux

got
        a
        00*

!!!
        !!!

Merely for completeness or something

*subject to revision in the event of newbie posts...

Ah... Trees are safe for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Walk and chew lizard, walk and chew. Or has your species not evolved that far yet?
          We're still at the banging the polystyrene rocks together stage really...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I guess the influx of new blood is good for tpd : out with the old etcetc.
            Oi!

Comment

Sounds like a busy Friday. Some neighbours of ours have their kids in bed for 7.00pm every night!
              Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              How do they manage that!!!!

DS is demanding yet more food and DS and hubby just returned from pub!!
              Chains.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                I'm really losing the will to live with the work at clientco, its soooo boring and handle churning.
                I've not even bothered to shave this morning either
                Don't despair - think of the invoice at the end of the week/month

and it's Friday !!!!
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

True, but they are rather simple steps (that could possibly have been condensed into fewer).

Even three steps can be too much for some people - specifically at ClientCo (where the average reading age of staff on the production line is around 9 years old) we have to keep things very simple. I was all for generating an error message that told the user what the problem was and what to do next, but instead (going on past experience) we opted for the "Pick up phome, dial XXX" message.

Reminds me of the operators at a plant where I worked who didn't know what "erroneous" meant but all knew what "erogenous" meant...

Comment

one more coffee and then its time to

Comment

Right time for another cuppa me thinks........
                      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
                      X