• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    Ooh, now I've got a semi.

I might just have to go and nuke my cheese sarnie so it too will glisten and run with fatty loveliness.
    That sausage roll was so good it was possibly NSFW.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      It because of the smell. Most people, including me as it happens, object to having to sit in an office that stinks of half a dozen different food odours.
      In my first job, at a software house, we used to be rewarded so well if a project was on time that we would try very hard. So sometimes we would work through the night. On those occasions it was traditional for your manager to go out and get the curry / pizza / chinese as required.

Also traditional was spreading the leftovers and the empty containers across all the waste paper bins in the corridor so the whole company stank of curry / sweet 'n' sour / pepperoni the next morning.

It was expected. It was The Done Thing.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is a PM that knows how to manage.
        She made an excellent contribution to company morale. Much needed on the day that the unions have voted to accept an arragement where they work an extra 3 hours a week for the same pay. Just waiting to see what the impact is for us contractors now.

Comment

BT in Leeds used to do a very good Thursday Curry. Mind you it was provided by a completely different catering outfit to the usual crowd ( Compass IIRC ). It was cheaper, tastier and came in bigger portions to boot.
          Despite looking, the only good curry I could find - despte living in Farsley on the Leeds / Bradford border - was the Bangladeshi restaurant in Horsforth.

Very expensive, very small, no alcohol licence, very nice.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            I'm off to the Instrument Store...

I may never return if the heap collapses...

It's been nice knowing you all...
            Musical instruments? Medical instruments?

The heap? Not a processor heap, clearly.

What a mystery.

Come back safe, zeity, come back soon.

Comment

Why is ClientCo Curry always a disappointment?

At Last ClientCo, they did a lovely Cornation Chicken baguette. Tangy, with chucks of chicken and big, plump, ripe sultanas. Mmmmm.

Their chicken curry, however, was more like a chicken yoghurt. It was like lumpy mansauce served with boil-in-the-bag rice. With the obligatory popadom that has been soaked in the tepid vegetable oil in the fryer. Poor. Very poor.
              BT in Leeds used to do a very good Thursday Curry. Mind you it was provided by a completely different catering outfit to the usual crowd ( Compass IIRC ). It was cheaper, tastier and came in bigger portions to boot.
              Given that the ClientCo samosas were delivered from a local source in bulk for plenty cheapness, I see no reason to ever visit the canteen again. Aside from satisfying my sausage roll fix.

Comment

9,000 TPD posts.

You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  BrilloPad 20,792
                  zeitghost 16,188
                  cailin maith 12,289
                  Diver 11,057
                  DS23 10,002
                  TheFaQQer 9,628
                  NickFitz 9,354
                  BrowneIssue 9,126
                  voodooflux 9,002
                  FiveTimes 7,403

Well done VF
                  Ta muchly

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    She made an excellent contribution to company morale. Much needed on the day that the unions have voted to accept an arragement where they work an extra 3 hours a week for the same pay. Just waiting to see what the impact is for us contractors now.
                    Now just imagine if management announced they wanted everyone to work those extra hours but there would be free curried snacks as compensation. Perhaps that PM should be running the place.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      That sausage roll was so good it was possibly NSFW.
                      Right. That's it. Between your sausage rolls and SallyAnne's desire to please, I'm off for a shower.

Comment

Working...
                      X