• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
    That's the attitude!

There's no better way to manage the whole work/life balance thing than as a contractor.

Permies like to believe they can: "please, sir, may I take a day off to see my wife and children? Soon? please?"

I prefer the "Are you going to find a contract or just lounge around until the m0oney runs out?" lifestyle.
    I have to ask BI, have you been drinking this morning? Cos your typing is shot to hell
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all

Have I missed anything?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        I have to ask BI, have you been drinking this morning? Cos your typing is shot to hell
        Between blood pressure tablets, the remnants of an inner ear infection, the start of a head cold, running about having had nothing to eat yet, trying to look as thogh I'm busy doing paperwork when posting on here, all in all, I'm distracted.

I shall try harder.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

El VooDooFlux

got
          a
          00*

!!!
          !!!Two in A Row!!!
          !!!One Bonus Point!!
          !!!Awarded!!!
          !!!

Merely for completeness or something

*subject to revision in the event of newbie posts...

Quietly gets the router out to make another Bonus Point...

Comment

Mind you, it is tempting.

We used to go on narrowboat holidays a few times a year (who'd be a permie?). By this time of day I could expect to have 2 or 3 pints inside me, especially in the summer months. I could have been drinking for 4 hours by now. And I'd meet people at the locks already drunk. Sometimes they'd not be on boats.

It's a lovely life for a dipso.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Lurkers out.

El VooDooFlux

got
              a
              00*

!!!
              !!!Three in A Row!!!
              !!!Two Bonus Points!!!
              !!!Awarded!!!
              !!!

Merely for completeness or something

*subject to revision in the event of newbie posts...

Quietly gets the chainsaw out to chop down another tree...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all

Have I missed anything?
                Good morning, our dragon-in-the-hills.

You're just in time for all the fun that is yet to come.

Comment

I have decided to be in a good mood today.

I was in a foul mood when I went to bed and still in it when I got up. But I'm bored of that.

I shall take that as a compliment. Thank you for saying that my typing is normally so good as to make errors warrant comment.

May all your bacon rolls be warm and free of strange crunchy bits.

TPD has, as ever, cheered me up no end.

Comment

Home insurance sorted, with £50 cashback from Quidco that I plan to invest in the ailing pub industry - I like to do my bit.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Quietly gets the router out to make another Bonus Point...
                      The router? Blimey. I first thought you meant a network traffic management device but your are intending to carve a Bonus Point from wood. Now that's class. :music:

Lemon Chiffon is a bit camp though for a name of a colour. What's wrong with 'WeeAfterSixPintsOfLager'?

Comment

Working...
                      X