• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Actually, I think I'll go there now - I'm feeling distinctly hungry

See you in a bit - or quite a bit, given the preposterously slow service in there
    Look on the bright side, it could have been a Little Chef...

Comment

I just discovered another fail on the Mac. When using Internet Connect (which is used to hook up to the net via modems and such) the "Connect" button turns into a "Disconnect" button when activated. As a result, an accidental tap on the trackpad when a connection is being established immediately causes that connection to be disestablished

I'm pretty sure this change in behaviour of the button goes against the Apple User Interface Guidelines... yet this comes from Apple themselves

The obvious (to me) UI is to have two buttons: a "Connect" button that is disabled when a connection is active, and a "Disconnect" button that is disabled when no connection is active.

It seems that somebody took the idea of simplifying the interface one step too far with this one - the idea is to simplify the user interface as much as necessary, not simplify it to the extent that it impedes the user

Re-purposing controls to have a different and opposite purpose when the system changes state can be useful in some circumstances. In this circumstance it isn't.

Ho hum

The NTL dialler thingie went one stage further than that; aside from throttling back the max speed to something like 41k, you could get it into a race condition between connecting and disconnecting pretty easily... at which time the only solution was switching the damn thing off & back on again.

Comment

I'd like to say it was an Epic Fail, but then NTL by definition is An Epic Fail of truly Epic proportions...

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Morning everyone
          Morning CM!

Good morning all!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Morning CM!

Good morning all!
            Hi doggie
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Morning everyone

How are you?

Comment

Thought For The Day

Although they clean these hotel rooms, it stands to reason that they can't do a deep clean every day.

Human beings shed loads of particles of dead skin every day.

Moving around in a room will inevitably disturb the finer of these particles, causing them to drift about in that part of the Earth's atmosphere contained within the room.

Therefore, there's a good chance that, as I sleep, fragments of other people who I will probably never meet are passing into my lungs with every breath.

On that note, goodnight
                You haven't thought about the pillows have you...

Also I suspect that using UV would light up all sorts of interesting "organic" deposits here & there...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all

It'll be another morning of chaos once the kiddies turn up

How are you?

How is the knee?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Morning CM!

Good morning all!

How are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are you?

How is the knee?
                      :

I did a lot of trotting up & down the hill yesterday & the left one was distinctly dicey last night.

Old age doesn't come alone...

Comment

Working...
                      X