• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I is somewhat stunned.

Just got a quote for a Jag XK8.

£264/yr fully comp.

I must be getting old.

It was £125/yr for the Fiat Sciento Sport thing that I'm rather more likely to buy...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I am now watching Arachaphobia on the watch channel : not seen that for years.....
      I caught a bit of that too.

I let DS1 stay up and watch Cloverfield the other night - he was quite impressed. I managed to finally check out the final scene of the film where something subtle happens that I didn't notice at the cinema.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Back in real TPD time now. There was quite a lot of drivel to catch up on.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          Then I'll run up stairs for something and have to stop before I get to the top because I can't see..
          Oddly enough, I've had that for most of my life... I'd be lying on the floor watching the box, need a pee, run upstairs, whip out todger and get started, then watch the world turn grey... & hope I'd finish before I fell over...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            ...whip out todger and get started, then watch the world turn grey... & hope I'd finish before I fell over...
            Just to clarify - you're still talking about having a wee there, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
              Date with the nurse last night, awesome bod
              Have you seen the reports of antibiotic resistant clap?

Comment

Saw my brother yesterday - he's looking massively improved since I last saw him in Paris three weeks ago. He just needs to recuperate now and get his mobility back.

He was admitted back to hospital last night so that he can be assessed first thing this morning, but hopefully he'll get the nod to come home again where he'll be much better off.

Comment

It's my wedding anniversary today - Lady VF has put up with me for 13 years (and longer if you count our pre-marital time together). She deserves a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    A trivial tale told for no good reason:

At ClientCo last week, the account manager for the clientcorp whose online promotion I'd just finished implementing was visiting me to check that it was working cross-browser - i.e. working on IE6 and IE7 (all the other browsers work correctly, but the lumpen masses plod along with those pieces of rubbish).
                    I knew it was all OK, but to cover myself I mentioned that there was a risk of IE6 users encountering problems, and added that "People who use IE6 get what they deserve."

"But I use IE6!" she exclaimed.

I looked her in the eye and said "In that case, you get what you deserve."

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      It's my wedding anniversary today - Lady VF has put up with me for 13 years (and longer if you count our pre-marital time together). She deserves a medal.
                      Time off for good behavior.

Isnt there something in the Human Rights act about cruel and unusual punishment?
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X