• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
    AC/DC are amazing live. Mind you last time I saw them was when Bon Scott was still with them! Feeling old now
    Blimey, that's going back a bit
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Ah.

Time for a quick pot noodle...
      I like the fridge, but not that much - I'll settle for a quick hob nob instead

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Blimey, that's going back a bit
        78 or 79 I think (that's 19 not 18 )
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Reminds me of the time I went to see Dire Straits at Newcastle City Hall.

Bought my ticket at the door on the night and was quite a good seat.

About 2 years later they were selling out stadiums!
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Comment

I saw AC/DC on the Razors Edge tour - I had chicken pox at the time

Both those bands are touring and playing the NEC this year - going to see either of 'em Zara?
              Saw them at the old Wembly Arena, forget which tour it was, it was the one where they wre running the Angus Young look-a-like competition to appear on stage with them.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I saw AC/DC on the Razors Edge tour - I had chicken pox at the time

Both those bands are touring and playing the NEC this year - going to see either of 'em Zara?
                I saw AC/DC on the Hells Bells tour at the second ever monsters of rock at Donnington Park in 1981. I was only really there to see whitesnake. It also marked the come back of slade.

Comment

Turned into a good night in the end. Found a ticket on the floor at Wembly tube station that was 5 rows from the front. Flogged by back row ticket to a tout on the way in and used the proceeds to buy a t-shirt.

Still remember sitting on the tube on the way home unable to hold my head up straight without leaning it against the window
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ControlG View Post
                    Reminds me of the time I went to see Dire Straits at Newcastle City Hall.

Bought my ticket at the door on the night and was quite a good seat.

About 2 years later they were selling out stadiums!
                    A friend of ours spent a year in Portland a few years back, and she went along to bar one night to see what band was on, and it was Coldplay. They played to a crowd of around 16 people!
                    Last edited by voodooflux; 27 February 2009, 14:31.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I saw AC/DC on the Hells Bells tour at the second ever monsters of rock at Donnington Park in 1981. I was only really there to see whitesnake. It also marked the come back of slade.
                      Been catching up on some old Whitesnake from that era recently, stuff like "Lovehunter", "Ready an' Willing", etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X