• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Mrs BP's grandma died last night : I am off to general to pick a fight
    Sorry to hear that; it's over 40 years since the last of my grandmas popped her clogs...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      I really, really hope you meant "Is Mrs BP ok?".

I think we can assume that Mrs BP's Grandma is probably not ok.

Condolences to you both.
      Of course thats what I meant!! BP knows I am a bit blonde!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Oh no

Is she ok? Or, as ok as can be expected?

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        I really, really hope you meant "Is Mrs BP ok?".

I think we can assume that Mrs BP's Grandma is probably not ok.

Condolences to you both.
        She is fine. It has been expected for years : though Mrs BP last saw her in June 2008 and was planning to visit in 3 weeks time.

I am still at w**k.

Now there is the funeral logistics to sort out. Probably a week Monday. Baby BP will stay with neighbour. Twins will probably go : I expect school will be upset as SATs coming up in May.

Comment

She is fine. It has been expected for years : though Mrs BP last saw her in June 2008 and was planning to visit in 3 weeks time.

I am still at w**k.

Now there is the funeral logistics to sort out. Probably a week Monday. Baby BP will stay with neighbour. Twins will probably go : I expect school will be upset as SATs coming up in May.
          Still hard though, no matter how expected it is.

School can **** off - the twins aren't going to lose out that much for a few days surely.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Children are a lot less sensitive to things than parents think.

Kids love blood and guts. I'm pretty sure I've posted something like this before here in TPD, but it probably bears repeating
            I think you're right - most children are hardier in this respect than we give them credit for, and as a parent there is a tendancy to over protect. There are exceptions of course - perhaps where the child has been completely wrapped in cotton wool to the extent that they have been sheltered from the natural conditioning to these things that society bestows upon us.

Although kids can sometimes throgh you a complete curve ball...

Around a similar time as the croc incident my son was watchig a perfectly innocent "daytime" TV movie where a truck skidded off a road. For some reason this *really* upset him, and we never managed to get to the reason why.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

In other news, my Mum had to go back to hospital after collapsing this morning

So hopefully she'll be OK - fingers crossed: or but I don't know which yet
              TPD best wishes to her Nick

Comment

Speak for yourself : I need more sleep than ever. Fancy looking after baby BP for a week and seeing how much sleep you need then?
                I might need the practice!

Sorry to hear about Mrs BP's Gran, please pass on my regards.

Comment

Population
                  2057 Revenues
                  475800 € Unemployment 1 %
                  Transport 100 %
                  Crime rate 2 %
                  Pollution 2 %

rank=324

.sig updated : we need more police

26 February: The police force of TPDVille has been reinforced.

Comment

The Pianist by Wladyslaw Szpilman (I had to check that name three times ) - I vaguely remember thinking that I ought to read it when I read the reviews on its first publication (1999). Since then it's been made into a film that I haven't seen, according to the cover.
                    The movie was good I thought - not cheery stuff though, as you might expect!

Comment

Mrs BP's grandma died last night : I am off to general to pick a fight
                      Sorry to hear that Brillo, give Lady Brillo a TPD from us all.

Comment

Working...
                      X