• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Ah well, at least they were honest about the situation so you know where you stand. Onwards!

Anything going at JLR?
    Only thing I've seen is for PMO - Spoken to my 'Contact' at who is between Winter & Summer who said he would let me know if anything comes up - not myfault if they always come up with something the day after I get another gig ( about 4 times this has happened now!!!)
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
      Only thing I've seen is for PMO - Spoken to my 'Contact' at who is between Winter & Summer who said he would let me know if anything comes up - not myfault if they always come up with something the day after I get another gig ( about 4 times this has happened now!!!)
      There seems to be enough stuff going on there at the moment - fingers crossed. Did you ever hear from the Law Society?
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I had rampant pancakes this evening. There were just moist enough too. Quite gnarly in fact.
        Everyone else had some - I'm sticking to my diet - although there is a bottle of Cava with my name on it - OK, so what I lke cheap spanish sparking wine -Mumm when I'm working

Comment

Everyone else had some - I'm sticking to my diet - although there is a bottle of Cava with my name on it - OK, so what I lke cheap spanish sparking wine -Mumm when I'm working
          I have to admire your willpower. I can't even begin to understand it, but I admire it

Comment

There seems to be enough stuff going on there at the moment - fingers crossed. Did you ever hear from the Law Society?
            Stange - I had tele Interview with Pimps Client, the 3rd party project management company who supply 'Consultants' to the LS. Pimp said to stay in touch with him, and his client ( the one who interviewed me) and asked if I still had her number!. She wants to get someone else in to quicken up some of the projects. The LS are dithering as they don't seem to mind the delays- weid!

Pimp has never asked me for the 'Two references' either.

Comment

Is it me - or do those smilies move around ?

Comment

Stange - I had tele Interview with Pimps Client, the 3rd party project management company who supply 'Consultants' to the LS. Pimp said to stay in touch with him, and his client ( the one who interviewed me) and asked if I still had her number!. She wants to get someone else in to quicken up some of the projects. The LS are dithering as they don't seem to mind the delays- weid!

Pimp has never asked me for the 'Two references' either.
                So it sounds like there might be an opportunity there then? I've heard from people that have w*rked there that the LS aren't very organised.

Comment

Is it me - or do those smilies move around ?
                  They do indeed

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Time for a steak and some ale I think - see you later
                    ...and back again

The service in that place isn't exactly speedy

One and a quarter hours... and all I had was steak and chips. How can it take so long to cook one steak and some chips? And what's with the business of leaving you alone for ten minutes after you've finished before offering to get the bill? And why does it then take five minutes to get it?

Comment

Oh well, it 'twas right in a very grotty part of Leicester City Centre ( sorry) and parking in a dark multi-story - pretty scary
                      typical part (of Leicester)
                      typical multi-storey (for Leicester)
                      typical (by Leicester's standards)

Comment

Working...
                      X