• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Population
    2056 Revenues
    474400 € Unemployment 2 %
    Transport 98 %
    Crime rate 2 %
    Pollution 1 %

rank=323

Comment

Comment

BrilloPad 20,608
        zeitghost 16,053
        cailin maith 12,142
        Diver 11,057
        DS23 10,002
        TheFaQQer 9,628
        NickFitz 9,272
        BrowneIssue 8,865
        voodooflux 8,499
        FiveTimes 7,320

Comment

Evening denizens

I've spent the afternoon working on a little script that monitors a number of web sites, and sends an SMS to the administrator if one goes offline for ten minutes or more (and another every five minutes thereafter), then sends another one when it comes back up

At some point it seemed to have gone wrong - I wasn't getting any messages through

I stuck in various bits of trace code and kept re-running it, but couldn't work out why it wasn't working... until I realised that my phone, which gets a very poor signal hereabouts at the best of times, had no signal at all

I walked outside and got a signal again - followed by a dozen text messages in rapid succession telling me that a server that doesn't exist wasn't responding, and that one I'd restarted ages ago was now up and running

Comment

Time for a steak and some ale I think - see you later

Comment

Wibble.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                Wibble.
                Top drivelling

Comment

I am off to church in a few minutes

Comment

Population
                    2056 Revenues
                    474400 € Unemployment 2 %
                    Transport 98 %
                    Crime rate 2 %