• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    WSS
    +1
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Greetings denizens

I am now in a position to authoritatively state that the Castle Inn, Cambridge, does a nice pint of Adnam's Broadside

Mind, it's an Adnam's house, so one wouldn't expect anything less

DON'T FORGET YOUR 3G MODEM!
      That - or rather 3 - is in a funny mood again. I had to connect five times before it would let me get in to TPD

Comment

DD1 (6 months) doesn't seem to be taking to sweet foods, preferring savoury things like vegetables.
        Cuckoo Alert

Comment

My brother pays the occasional visit there too (he's around Barnes/Mortlake) as well as to Brentford if he's really bored.

It is very close as you say - a win today would have been very useful for us. It's all too easy to blame our current predicament on the amount of injuries we've had, but without those injuries I can't help thinking that the team would be really starting to gel around now. The loss of Greening is a major blow to us, and his absence was apparent today. Defensively we are shocking at the moment - three of the back four are still carrying injuries though.

Did I ever mention the 6502's hardware bug in the JMP (indirect) instruction when the two bytes of the operand were either side of a page boundary?

Comment

Thank you kind sir. I may have a go at Defender next.
            Defender FTW!

There was a guy at uni who was so good at Defender that he could play for as long as he chose - I remember the day when he put 10p in at half one in the afternoon and, around six, got rid of his remaining lives so he could go and get his tea

He was chatting away to us about the game as he played, and demonstrated various bugs, and ways of giving the game so much to do at once that it slowed to a crawl - literally, a few pixels updated every couple of seconds

The maximun score on Defender was 999,975 - you had to get the 25 by hitting a bomb - and he filled the all-time highscore table thus:

Code:
            999975   XXX
            999975   XMX
            999975   XUX
            999975   XTX
            999975   XAX
            999975   XNX
            999975   XTX
            999975   XXX
            The guy who emptied the machine saw this and reset the table. Within a week DefenderGeek had reclaimed it with:

Code:
            999975   XXX
            999975   XBX
            999975   XAX
            999975   XIX
            999975   XTX
            999975   XEX
            999975   XRX
            999975   XXX

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Title for the TPD book: "As Pure as the Drivel Snow"

Comment

Right, after some thrashing about on about half a dozen web sites I'm reasonably certain I know which bus to get in the morning

Goodnight denizens

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  That - or rather 3 - is in a funny mood again. I had to connect five times before it would let me get in to TPD
                  I hate three mobile. I really really do.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Population
                      2041 Revenues
                      472150 € Unemployment 1 %
                      Transport 98 %
                      Crime rate 1 %
                      Pollution 1 %

rank=325

Comment

Working...