• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    A trip to Aus.. cool. Is it expensive to make that trip or is it like a European Trip from here?
    The east coast is a 3 hour flight from here, the west coast is an 8 hour flight. It isn't too bad but a bit further than a trip to Spain or France from the UK.

It usually works out cheaper to go to Australia than to travel within New Zealand apparently. Mrs Gonzo had never been to the South Island until a few years ago when I took her there.

It is also apparently very popular here to drive up to the top of the country and pitch a tent. I am not going to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      The east coast is a 3 hour flight from here, the west coast is an 8 hour flight. It isn't too bad but a bit further than a trip to Spain or France from the UK.

It usually works out cheaper to go to Australia than to travel within New Zealand apparently. Mrs Gonzo had never been to the South Island until a few years ago when I took her there.

It is also apparently very popular here to drive up to the top of the country and pitch a tent. I am not going to do that.
      Is Mrs Gonzo a Kiwi?

Mind you - it's not that much different from here, I suppose. I would expect to pay the same or more for a weeks holiday in the UK as I would for a weeks holiday in Spain or somewhere.

G'on do that... drive up and pitch a tent and put some pics on facebook!!

By the way, I loved your collection of public loo photos
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Is Mrs Gonzo a Kiwi?
        Yes - emmigrating here was therefore just a formality - I only had to prove that I did not have a criminal record, HIV or diabetes.

Mind you - it's not that much different from here, I suppose. I would expect to pay the same or more for a weeks holiday in the UK as I would for a weeks holiday in Spain or somewhere.

G'on do that... drive up and pitch a tent and put some pics on facebook!!
        No.

By the way, I loved your collection of public loo photos
        It struck me that they were all just a little bit different to each other - some thought obviously goes into them, which is nice. And none of them have charged any money either.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

No.
          Bazza gets caught

Comment

Nice and sunny here today.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Population
              2035 Revenues
              471250 € Unemployment 1 %
              Transport 98 %
              Crime rate 3 %
              Pollution 1 %

rank=319

time to update my sig.....
              20 February: The police force of TPDVille has been reinforced.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

Nice and sunny here today.
                Hello VF

Whats the plan for keeping the kids entertained today?
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Hello VF

Whats the plan for keeping the kids entertained today?
                  Morning CM How's stuff?

Going out in a bit to get their hair cut and do some food shopping, then might go to the cinema later (DS2 wants to see "Pink Panther 2" ).

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    Morning CM How's stuff?

Going out in a bit to get their hair cut and do some food shopping, then might go to the cinema later (DS2 wants to see "Pink Panther 2" ).
                    Grand thank you

I heard a reveiew of that movie - it's not been panned by the critics so it might be ok!
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Grand thank you

I heard a reveiew of that movie - it's not been panned by the critics so it might be ok!
                      I never saw the first one, but it must have been relatively successful for them to make a second I would assume. I'm a big fan of Steve Martin, but to use a cliché "I prefer his early stuff."

The other task on my list today is to pay a visit to the Purity Brewing Company and pick up a min-keg of something, probably Pure Ubu.

Comment

Working...
                      X