• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind you, we had the Bridal Suite - £145 per night - at £75 per night. And then paid £150 for the four nights.

We stank like dead fish when we got home and had to jump in the shower / bath, and there is this techno-backlog to deal with, but it was a bargain.

I suppose.

Anyway, to bed.

(I see the 'P' Parking smiley has gone away.)
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Hiya NF

I'm off to bed.

The hotel we spent the past 4 days in had the hot water and the Wi-Fi go off.

The former was annoying. The latter was REALLY annoying.

It has taken me over 5 hours to catch up on the non-TPD threads.

And now it's bed time.

Nighty, night.
      Hi BI

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Mind you, we had the Bridal Suite - £145 per night - at £75 per night. And then paid £150 for the four nights.

We stank like dead fish when we got home and had to jump in the shower / bath, and there is this techno-backlog to deal with, but it was a bargain.

I suppose.

Anyway, to bed.

(I see the 'P' Parking smiley has gone away.)
      I thought it was a bit smelly

I'm still not sure what your Parking smiley thing is all about - it never changed for me

Anyway, sweet dreams to you and Mrs BI <- manly for you, respectful for Mrs BI

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        After all, he's one of those retards who still seems to sincerely believe that it's possible to construct a workable web application on IIS and ASP.NET [1]

[1] Given that Microsoft themselves haven't yet managed this (have you seen the state of the MSDN library lately?), I don't hold out much hope for the technologies, such as they are.
        You'll have to count me among that number as well I'm afraid - sorry

And I would hope that some of the web applications on my C.V. are testament to it being possible
        Last edited by voodooflux; 20 February 2009, 01:40. Reason: Truly awful spelling
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Another day off tomorrow (now being today), so need to come up with some more ideas to keep the kids occupied. Really enjoyed our trip to The Malverns today - not too windy up there, and the view was excellent.
          Last edited by voodooflux; 20 February 2009, 01:49.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            Another day off tomorrow (now being today), so need to come up with some mode ideas to keep the kids occupied. Really enjoyed our trip to The Malverns today - not too windy up there, and the view was excellent.
            The trip to the tea shop after our descent was also very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              You'll have to count me among that number as well I'm afraid - sorry

And I would hope that some of the web applications on my C.V. are testament to it being possible

No offence - well, not to you

I'm not bothered if I offend DP though

Comment

No offence - well, not to you

I'm not bothered if I offend DP though
                None taken

I'm the first to admit that there is plenty that is horribly broken with that platform, and I really only use a small fraction of what it provides. That fraction can be rather handy though.

Comment

I hope d000hg finds a solution to his Tomcat problem - I'm pretty sure I'm on the mark. The JRE won't cut it, as that's just what you need to run pre-compiled Java bytecode, whereas Tomcat has to actually use the javac compiler, IIRC.

Something like that, anyway

Anyway, goodnight - I have a whole Friday of work ahead, followed by a tortuous journey down the motorway, so I really need to get some sleep

Comment

I hope d000hg finds a solution to his Tomcat problem - I'm pretty sure I'm on the mark. The JRE won't cut it, as that's just what you need to run pre-compiled Java bytecode, whereas Tomcat has to actually use the javac compiler, IIRC.

Something like that, anyway

Anyway, goodnight - I have a whole Friday of work ahead, followed by a tortuous journey down the motorway, so I really need to get some sleep
                    It's been a good few years since I've worked with J2EE, so I couldn't possibly hope to be of any assistance (my knowledge of that platform having long since evaporated unfortunately).

Been meaning to ask if you're still working on your Facebook/Twitter application? But that's a question for tomorrow now I guess - goodnight sir

Comment

That was a fright - my email server on my dedicated server just went down, but then I remembered I had scheduled a reboot for 2.00am

Comment

Working...
                      X