• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Hmm... not at all bad. Good-sized haddock. Batter nice and crispy, although it was a bit thin in places. Chips are chunky, decently crisp on the outside and very light and fluffy on the inside.

Overall, probably the best of the three I've tried so far - however, it's also the most expensive. Still, like the Fountain, it's just over the road from the hotel, so it may be a bit of a toss-up between them in future.

Unlike the others, there's a Murgatroyd's web site: "If tha' doesn't like this lot, there's summat wrong wi' thee"
    plaices

IGMC.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've still got the pimps on my case about the other contract that didn't move fast enough to prevent me getting this one

I had a telephone interview with them, standing in the snow outside ClientCorp, last week. They've been told that I'm off the market for a while, but apparently they're still keen and might be able to wait for a bit

The pimp wasn't sure if they can wait six weeks, but if they can (the pimp had forgotten when I'd be available so couldn't check if they could wait that long), they want to do a face-to-face first thing on Monday.

That'd be fun... drive from Leicester to Cambridge, do an interview, then drive up to Yeadon and start work
      Serves them right for not pulling their finger out!

They should wait for you : why act hastily and get second best?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
        Good ta BP, but it does look like the drivel has dried up for today ...
        Apologies : I have moved teams at clientco and pressure is on. I do try to pop in to at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Mother-out-law is staying and watching some bollox in the rear extension so no wii for me!

Waiting for location/location and grand designs : Mrs BP will watching masterchef too!

How about your good self?
          How long is the outlaw staying?

I've had a good rant at the insurance company, and told them to shove their renewal - amazingly they were able to knock another £100 of their figure again tonight but they're still more expensive than the majority of other quotes. I'm also a bit miffed with them, so a move is probably a good thing.

Not really feeling up to going shopping now, so I think a night in front of the T.V. is called for. Banged my head on a kitchen cupboard door earlier no I may partake of some hops-based medicine to get rid of the headache.
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
            What have I missed?
            CM streaked round tpd!

That will teach you to wander off!!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Have you thought of writing a guide to the great chipshops of our land?

As you can possibly imagine, I can personally vouch for quite a few. The one (now two) at the Black Country Museum are rather good, though that is directly attributable to their use of beef dripping
              Beef dripping is definitely FTW

I'm not sure about writing a guide - although maybe it would be as successful as Russell Davies's Egg Bacon Chips and Beans

Comment

Ideally he would put them on a google map : but not sure if NF has the skills needed for that!
                I think you're right

(Hopefully that'll sound like a challenge to him and we'll get a very well implemented map of chip shops now )
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

How long is the outlaw staying?

I've had a good rant at the insurance company, and told them to shove their renewal - amazingly they were able to knock another £100 of their figure again tonight but they're still more expensive than the majority of other quotes. I'm also a bit miffed with them, so a move is probably a good thing.

Not really feeling up to going shopping now, so I think a night in front of the T.V. is called for. Banged my head on a kitchen cupboard door earlier no I may partake of some hops-based medicine to get rid of the headache.
                  Outlaw goes FRiday pm. Its a pity as everything runs alot smoother while she is here.

Its always good to shop around.

What were you doing in the kitchen? Does Mrs VF allow you in there?

Comment

I think you're right

(Hopefully that'll sound like a challenge to him and we'll get a very well implemented map of chip shops now )
                    Is that what you call a mash up or is that something else?

Comment

Is that what you call a mash up or is that something else?
                      BrilloPad
                      GreatestOfDads

century

Comment

Working...
                      X