• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs BP dropped a pudding dish earlier : she thought she cleared up all the glass. I guess I found the last bit. It worked its way through my sock while I was going upstairs?

Comment

Mrs BP watching celebrity come dine with me on C4+1 : it has Edwina Curry, Christopher Biggins and 2 "celebrities" I have never seen before.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        It was excellent

I'm now watching Richard Hammond firing chickens at aluminium
        I just watched that too - great television!

I seem to recall Jeremy Clarkson made a turkey bazooka out of a microwave oven once.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          While in daughter's room I suddenly felt a sharp pain in heel : I had to hobble downstairs and get Mrs BP to look. She removed a 3mm shard of glass from my heel.

Comment

15 February: The police force of TPDVille has been reinforced.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                WHS
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Greetings denizens

Well, the idea of having a couple of pints then getting an early (for me) night went pear-shaped when I ran into my far-from-pear-shaped ex - the Dutch au pair (although of course she hasn't been an au pair for about thirteen years now - that gig came to an end not long after we got together, although having a girlfriend who was a Dutch au pair gave me enormous kudos down the pub while it lasted ).

She needs my advice about buying a new computer, and put it very succinctly: "I want to get something reliable for your sake, because if it goes wrong, you'll be the one I'll ask to come and fix it."

Then her conversation veered suddenly into the question of why we'd ever split up in the first place. She explained why she'd dumped me (which was nice to finally know ten years on - and no, I'm not posting it all here) but seemed to feel that this was no longer an adequate reason.

So, nothing ventured nothing gained, I asked if she wanted to try again.

When I hinted at such a thing about six months ago, it was instantly (but kindly) dismissed as a journey to the past. This time, it was met with a more tentative "Let's see what happens..." - and she's just texted me too

So who knows; either something will come of this, or nothing will.

We never stopped loving each other; our breakup was completely amicable, although I myself never quite understood it until tonight, so there aren't any old wounds to be healed, just differences to be reconciled. As those differences seem to have receded into the mists of time, there may be hope for us yet.

Or maybe we'll just carry on as we are. As she said: "You do realise that I'll always be your friend - you can't get rid of me even if you try?"

That attitude has served us well for the last ten years, so maybe that's all we need

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Greetings denizens

Well, the idea of having a couple of pints then getting an early (for me) night went pear-shaped when I ran into my far-from-pear-shaped ex - the Dutch au pair (although of course she hasn't been an au pair for about thirteen years now - that gig came to an end not long after we got together, although having a girlfriend who was a Dutch au pair gave me enormous kudos down the pub while it lasted ).

She needs my advice about buying a new computer, and put it very succinctly: "I want to get something reliable for your sake, because if it goes wrong, you'll be the one I'll ask to come and fix it."

Then her conversation veered suddenly into the question of why we'd ever split up in the first place. She explained why she'd dumped me (which was nice to finally know ten years on - and no, I'm not posting it all here) but seemed to feel that this was no longer an adequate reason.

So, nothing ventured nothing gained, I asked if she wanted to try again.

When I hinted at such a thing about six months ago, it was instantly (but kindly) dismissed as a journey to the past. This time, it was met with a more tentative "Let's see what happens..." - and she's just texted me too

So who knows; either something will come of this, or nothing will.

We never stopped loving each other; our breakup was completely amicable, although I myself never quite understood it until tonight, so there aren't any old wounds to be healed, just differences to be reconciled. As those differences seem to have receded into the mists of time, there may be hope for us yet.

Or maybe we'll just carry on as we are. As she said: "You do realise that I'll always be your friend - you can't get rid of me even if you try?"

That attitude has served us well for the last ten years, so maybe that's all we need
                    A tpd love story. Brings a tear to my eye. sob.

Is it true she dumped you cos your regular expression knowledge not good enough?

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X