• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Can you not contact the pimp and say due to the weather conditions you will only be available for phone interviews ?

How far up north is it ?
    Nah, it seems to be one of those places where they actually like to rub up against you and see if it feels good

Each of their employees has a page on the web site; one of them is the company dog...

It's right up in Yorkshire. The more I think of it the less I like the idea of heading up there when heavy snow is forecast

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Nah, it seems to be one of those places where they actually like to rub up against you and see if it feels good
      Shame it's not a development role at a lapdancing club
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        That's good news - Zeity told you that something would turn up didn't he

It is local?
        Sage GAL, that one

It's not local, but it's nowhere near as far away as the other. The agent also mentioned that in the past they've been very accomodating of people who have to travel down, letting them show up late Monday and leave early Friday, and so forth. Even if I have to stay away it'll be worth it - it sounds like a really good project and company.

It's about 90 minutes drive, so I may just commute, if I get it

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
          Good Luck........
          Cheers Zara

I'm now actually hoping that I do get snowed in tomorrow if it delays the northern role long enough to give me a chance to secure this new one

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Cheers Zara

I'm now actually hoping that I do get snowed in tomorrow if it delays the northern role long enough to give me a chance to secure this new one
            Sounds like a plan Nick..

Gigs are like buses, wait ages for one to show up then they all come at the same time.
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Oh well - just me in the office now.....

Comment

Can't sneak off however as I have to clock out H&S Rules.

At least I am down as a Contractor On site, even have a sticker in the car to prove it.

Comment

Ooops.

Just discovered a slight upcock on the psu board.

There was a reason that they used horizontally mounted capacitors in the original, and not the vertical ones I've used.

Doh!

Another fine mess I've got myself into...

Longer screws, that's the answer...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Ooops.

Just discovered a slight upcock on the psu board.

There was a reason that they used horizontally mounted capacitors in the original, and not the vertical ones I've used.

Doh!

Another fine mess I've got myself into...

Longer screws, that's the answer...
                    Works for me.......

Comment

Right

Off home

See you all later

Comment

Working...
                      X