• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a big book of calm.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Remind me again why I ever bother posting in general........
      Cos they are a bunch of numpties (except for a select few!!)
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Had to take some time off today...

...got a phone call late last night to say that my brother had been taken seriously ill during a business meeting in Paris, and had been taken to hospital. As the night went on, and after many phone calls, we found out the initial diagnosis was a brain haemorrhage. Today they believe it was actually a stroke.

From what we've heard today he seems OK - he's compus mentus, but a little numb down his left hand side. His wife and kids are there with him now (not a great night for them to have to get out of London to travel to Paris) and we've got good lines of communication open.

He's going to be in hospital for a week, so I'm just wondering whether to go over there towards the end of this week and see him.

Kinda knocks the wind out of your sails
        Commiserations, old chap... hope he recovers quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Cheers Nick. We were very worried last night as the only info we'd had was from his colleagues and roughly translated from the French doctors. Now that his immediate family are there we know a lot more, and he seems to be receiving excellent care according to one of my nieces (she's a former nurse).
          Probably a good deal better in France than it is here...

Comment

Good morning all you fabulous fabricators of fanciful flim-flam
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Good morning all you fabulous fabricators of fanciful flim-flam
              Ah.... today is "F"
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Oz man collared with pigeons down trousers

There has to be a spankworthy joke of about bird/hands/bushes in there somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Commiserations, old chap... hope he recovers quickly.
                  WHS.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Tabula Rasa was on last night.
                    Just had to remind myself of that one. I like this bit in the plot synopsis:

Suddenly, they are ambushed by goons working for a loan shark demon, to whom Spike owes forty Siamese kittens as a gambling debt
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I need a user to work out my aggression on......

Comment

Working...
                      X