• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Hell, is not being able to fart with confidence.

I'm going back to bed.

Evening Dave

No need to ask where your drivel was today then
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yup, all the IE7 fixes have sorted out IE6 too

Well, when I say "sorted out", what I mean is that it's only broken in the same way as IE7 - just a couple of things like the three-pixel-text-jog, but they're easily fixable
      Looks good so far Nick (IE8 on Windows 7)

Comment

bloody sparky did half the job and got called out.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          And on that subject, FAIL:

Note: If you are running Windows 7 Beta, you will not be able to install IE8 RC1. You will get an error message saying that your operating system is not supported since IE8 already ships in Win7. The IE8 RC1 available from Microsoft Download Center is a standalone upgrade for downlevel version of the OS only: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and Window Server 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
            Excellent - cheers VF

I haven't tested it in IE8 yet - it'll probably work, but even if there is fail all I can do is submit a bug report to MS: there's no point trying to apply fixes for a beta

Comment

...and that's IEs 6, 7 and 8 sorted

There's still one minor vertical spacing issue in 6 and 7, causing the flickr inset to bump against the post heading. It works correctly in IE8, so I can fix that by including something in a conditional-comment-served bugfix CSS file for 6 and 7.

The extra three pixels between the main column and the side bar weren't the three pixel text jog - rather obviously, as they fixed that in IE7. In fact, it also appeared in IE8

Turned out it was due to using zoom: 1; on the secondary column to trigger hasLayout. It doesn't need it anyway, so that's fixed

I also discovered that I was triggering quirks mode in 6 and 7 as a result of having a debug comment before the Doctype. I seem to have instinctively used CSS that avoided the related box model issues, so I never noticed the difference

Comment

And another tulipty day is drawing to a close.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Started OK with me realizing that the doctor had prescribed "one tablet a day, which equates to a quarter of the normal dose" rather than "one quarter of thes tablets which I've prescribed you", which is what he implied.

Which makes it a lot easier to take.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Then I spoke to my parents, to find out that their neighbour died at the weekend.

It was pretty much expected, but still not too pleasant to find out.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Then I had an email from a friend to say that his wife lost their unborn baby at the weekend, at 30 weeks. So had to go through the birth and everything.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X