• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening again all.

Just another quick visit to catch up. Then I am off to pack for our little weekend away in Ipswitch / Harwich straight after ClientCo tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Evening mate

Thanks for the second opinion on the laptop today BTW - much appreciated.
      No worries... about all I am good for now - opinions. And they aren't worth a lot either!

Comment

tay needs a cuddle.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          I don't think there'll be a long queue of people offering!

Comment

Night folks.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              Miss Hoolie opening the nursery and telling the audience what the weather is like in <ClientCo> today, and then meeting one of the other main characters who has a "problem" that can be solved by visiting another main character. The main character with the problem sings and dances to a calypso-style song to decide which of the coloured houses "is the one for me" (i.e. is the one where the helpful character lives), and then makes a procession of visits to various characters until the problem is solved

Same every day!!!
              Hey, that's my day job!
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Up to 30th October 2008, 20:11, post number 129131.

I'm bored, tired and going to bed.

Once I've spent 20 minutes on the loo reading some more of Jack Aubrey's exploits, anyway.

Comment

I need a rant ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh

Ex is ******* me around on the house and £ to buy her out, offered her £3k she agreed she now wants another £3k total £6k, her equity in house is about £2k. Only way Im going to end up paying her £3k is to take her to court, costs are high and don't need the hassle. Principles tell me not to give her the money and see it through with solicitors but at £200 an hour and nearly £1k in fees already it isnt cheap, part of me just wants it done, but I am looved to give her the extra money, we werent even married !

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    Hmmm, did you happen to notice if these were also the first posts by the user? If they were then the threads would normally be subject to moderator approval before even appearing wouldn't they? (I can't remember whether new users can actually create threads until they have been approved.)
                    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    The limit on new posters is based on number of posts or time spent. Therefore, they wouldn't have needed approval.

Plus, there was a time when new posters didn't need to be approved - it was when there was the SJD trouble that it was introduced.
                    Wot They Said. Or Something

IIRC the "so many posts before you have a clear run at <insert name of dimwit in General (specifically in General) here>" thing was introduced a while after I made the hideous mistake of joining this glorious yet frustrating timesink

I'd be perfectly happy if they binned the rest of it and just left TPD, standing alone in its jewel-like splendour

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                      I need a rant ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh

Ex is frolicking me around on the house and £ to buy her out, offered her £3k she agreed she now wants another £3k total £6k, her equity in house is about £2k. Only way Im going to end up paying her £3k is to take her to court, costs are high and don't need the hassle. Principles tell me not to give her the money and see it through with solicitors but at £200 an hour and nearly £1k in fees already it isnt cheap, part of me just wants it done, but I am looved to give her the extra money, we werent even married !

I would refer the honourable denizen to the reply I gave some time ago, but for an immediate response I shall once again quote the wise words of Jerome K Jerome (in Three Men on the Bummel) quoting an editor for whom he used to work:

"If a man stopped me in the street and demanded of me my watch, I should refuse to give it to him. If he threatened to take it by force, I feel I should, though not a fighting man, do my best to protect it. If, on the other hand, he should assert his intention of trying to obtain it by means of an action in any court of law, I should take it out of my pocket and hand it to him, and think I had got off cheaply."

It is for you to decide how to apply this to your own situation; but you may find that it is actually cheaper to give her the extra three grand than to establish, in Court, the fact that you needn't give it to her

Nobody ever said that The World made sense - or if they did, they were lying to you

Comment

Working...
                      X