• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I'd like to move ClientCo to SubVersion at some point, and once ClientCo have completed the split of IT systems and processes from its former parent then we'll hopefully have a much easier time getting such "improvements" authorised. At the moment it's a joke.
    Not likely old chum. Can't see our department moving away from SourceSafe in any case; given it is integrated into both development environments; and it is "free".

If they did though, they'd probably go to the coporate standard: PVCS. Sorry.

Comment

******* printers !!!
      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        JUst had a phone conference
        A conference of phones? How odd.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Git

Actually I'm thinking of the ITIL foundation course I've just signed up for, the Cognos course I signed up for last week and the CISM course I planning on signing up for next week
          We sent our graduate / student / tea boy on an ITIL course last year. He is still a useless whining tulipe.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
            Not likely old chum. Can't see our department moving away from SourceSafe in any case; given it is integrated into both development environments; and it is "free".

If they did though, they'd probably go to the coporate standard: PVCS. Sorry.
            You'd be surprised old bean

SourceSafe isn't free BTW. And neither is PVCS (the standard in *former* parent company). Sorry
            Last edited by voodooflux; 22 January 2009, 11:50. Reason: Crap spelling - thanks HC!
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              Fine, although I've just been having a look over in General. There's even more drivel spouted over there than in TPD

Only difference is they think it's intelligent economic debate
              Oh no, AtW's not been mistaking The Beano for The Economist again has he?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Whats a DBA?
                Deceitful Base A-Hole.

HTH.

(Or Database Administrator). Whichever really.

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                  We sent our graduate / student / tea boy on an ITIL course last year. He is still a useless whining tulipe.
                  But at least he is now whinging uselessly in a clearly defined, structured and appropriatly managed fashion with clear SLA's and in line with industry best practice
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    You'd be surprised old bean

SourceSafe isn't fee BTW. And neither is PVCS (the standard in *former* parent company). Sorry.
                    You mean free, not fee.

But it is included as part of your / their VS licence, is it not.

Well aware PVCS isn't free.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      But at least he is now whinging uselessly in a clearly defined, structured and appropriatly managed fashion with clear SLA's and in line with industry best practice
                      Couldn't tell ya - I switch off whenever he starts talking!
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X