• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    ... we shall never know such fine hashish as Red Lebanese, or Afghani Black, again - the plant strains that had been developed over a thousand generations have been lost by lack of use.
    Aha! I had, on possibly as many as 2 or 3 occasions, wondered why such names are no longer used for dope. Moroccan Black, incidentally, seemed to be the roll-up additive of choice in Norf London when I was growing up. Although I suspect some of it was Knorr beef stock cubes.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Aha! I had, on possibly as many as 2 or 3 occasions, wondered why such names are no longer used for dope. Moroccan Black, incidentally, seemed to be the roll-up additive of choice in Norf London when I was growing up. Although I suspect some of it was Knorr beef stock cubes.
      I gave it up. no matter how string it had almost no effect on me. jolly upsetting.

Maybe I am now too stressed to ever chill?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Right, I've got some stuff to sort out for work tomorrow and then bed for the rest of series 4 of west-wing!
          I started season 1 again last night, as there was naff all on TV.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

This is what comes of trying to be a good citizen - not only do you have to watch your back for weeks in case somebody holding a grudge is following you home, you also get insulted on TPD
            The doc's reckon I should be wearing a heart monitor.

How about YOU wearing a heart monitor, connected to you mobile phone / GPS thingie.

You should be able to program it such that if you heart is not detected, it could post your very own obituary to TPD. In fact, why not have it start a new thread specifically for the purpose?

If you get it uploading photos and your co-ords to Facebook, you might be able to start a brand new craze: "the last thing I saw photo".

HTH

runs away quickly...
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Well paid scapegoat

If I'd thought about what it would be like, I'd have added another 50% onto my daily rate to come back...
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I gave it up. no matter how string it had almost no effect on me. jolly upsetting.

Maybe I am now too stressed to ever chill?
                The only times I've ever done it, it had no effect.

Maybe I'm just boring.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  Just think "adult toy" and early morning visit to a GP surgery. That's the only clue.
                  I've only just found this one - thanks to BI reading every post!!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

The doc's reckon I should be wearing a heart monitor.

How about YOU wearing a heart monitor, connected to you mobile phone / GPS thingie.

You should be able to program it such that if you heart is not detected, it could post your very own obituary to TPD. In fact, why not have it start a new thread specifically for the purpose?

If you get it uploading photos and your co-ords to Facebook, you might be able to start a brand new craze: "the last thing I saw photo".
                    It gets even more interesting a few days after that...

Speaking of uploading photos, I've started a new set on flickr: Food on the Pavement Outside the Pub

Comment

Mmm... Shredded Wheat.

It's vile garbage - it's like eating sawdust
                      Strangely, I like Shredded Wheat.

I scrunch them up in the packet, put the little bits into the bowl & bung the milk on, mash it all down and then leave it for about ten minutes.

Yumski.

I do not understand why there's only two in the packets these days, there used to be 3. I've always eaten 3 Shredded Wheat at a time; two is a silly quantity. It's like eating a Weetabik.

Comment

Working...
                      X