• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to find my hotel now

Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      FWIW - sounds like ONE developer sounded very threatened by having someone around who knew what they were on about.
      Apparently his main concern was that he'd have to spend his time helping me

Stupid git

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...unbenched.html

Comment

If it make you feel better....

Day one in the Big Brother project.

And TheFaqqer has found that the system has crashed really badly EVERY day since December 28th. And no-one else has noticed it!!!

Code:
          ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
          ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_AQIN", line 571
          ORA-06512: at line 1

intradoc.common.ServiceException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
          ORA-06512: at line 1 oracle.AQ.AQOracleSQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
          ORA-06512: at line 1 [ Details ]
          That doesn't sound good
          Epic fail

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Oh FFS

Didn't get the gig. And why?

Because one - ONE - developer on the team was worried that I might have done a lot of work with PHP frameworks in the past, and therefore not be able to cope with the fact that they aren't using one.

(FACT: I have used a PHP framework with precisely one client. Otherwise, I've avoided them like the plague.)

Everybody else, up to and including the program manager, was massively keen to take me on, but they operate some ridiculous system whereby all members of the team have a power of veto

The program manager is now planning to review this policy, but it seems to be too late for me

The pimp is also pretty annoyed - he's been trying to find the right person for this client for ages, and his attitude is that as I was far and away the best candidate by any criteria, it will simply be impossible to find anybody at all to satisfy them.

I am speechless! they are such numpties who just do not deserve you.

Comment

If it make you feel better....

Day one in the Big Brother project.

And TheFaqqer has found that the system has crashed really badly EVERY day since December 28th. And no-one else has noticed it!!!

Code:
              ORA-06512: at line 1

intradoc.common.ServiceException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
              ORA-06512: at line 1 oracle.AQ.AQOracleSQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded
              ORA-06512: at line 1 [ Details ]
              That doesn't sound good
              What idiots they were getting rid of you.......

Comment

Later folks

Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    Later folks

Bye Ted
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I am speechless! they are such numpties who just do not deserve you.
                      Cheers Scourer

Just the one numpty actually - apparently the rest of the team spent half of Friday afternoon and half of today trying to persuade him to change his mind, but he was adamant

I wouldn't mind if he had a good reason for his opinion, but his sole objection is based on something that is totally untrue

Comment

Working...
                      X