• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Zeity.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Right, I'd better get to bed.

Comment

Night folks

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          That sounds like you're on the slippery road to geekdom
          Oh no, seriously this will look like a right dogs dinner to you. Need to get back into proper development quickly!

Comment

Night all.

Comment

GREETINGS

Oops, hit CapsLock

I'll try again:

Greetings denizens

Comment

Having, as usual, managed to be the last to leave the FMB bar (other than the staff and a few of their friends) I started the journey home by crossing the road.

(NB: The route home forms a directed graph suggesting that it makes sense to cross the road there, at the additional cost of crossing the road again nearer home. I reckon I save about fifteen yards of arduous slog down the pavement and across junctions that way. If one factors in the further intellectual effort of avoiding being run over at such junctions, my policy is almost certainly a win.)

I then bumped into a couple of acquaintances, who exhorted me to join them on a journey into town, where there are bars that open until ungodly hours. I gracefully declined.

They asked me if the FMB bar was indeed shut, which was a pretty dumb question given that they both know what time it shuts, and that I'm normally the last one out. I assured them that it was, explaining that I had been:
                ...encouraged by word and gesture to resort to the pavement.

They laughed like drains at this

I suspect they are unfamiliar with the works of A P Herbert, for all I did was to quote (or slightly paraphrase) him

Comment

Joanna Lumley's on the telly, saving baby orangutans

I like orangutans

Ergo, I like Joanna Lumley - she's doing a good job of raising their public profile

FYI: an orangutan is not the same thing as Sarah Jessica Parker

Comment

Phishing fail:
                    We regret to announce to you that we will be making some
                    vital maintainance on our {Webmail} website.

Somebody should explain to them that the {Webmail} bit ought to have been replaced with something that would actually delude people

Comment

Important
                      News

I'm eating an orange

Comment

Working...
                      X