• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Evening denizens
    Evening Nick How's things?
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Another 20 minutes before home. 45 minute drive then straight off swimming.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it" - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Just TPD, and the copy is months out of date

Are there any plans to get it up to date?
        I'm just about to start work on version 2 of the spider - it'll be a proper cron job this time, running on an EC2 server, rather than that rather neat hack using my browser with a meta refresh

There's a bit of work to do on the algorithm for detecting and adjusting for new users suddenly appearing pages earlier, and (heaven forfend) post deletion.

Comment

Let's see, assuming 150,000 posts:

10 posts/page = 15,000 pages.

At one page per minute, that's 15,000 / 60 / 24 = 10.5 days

As I can start from 110,345...

39,655 = 3,966 pages = 2.75 days to get back up to having a full backup; then I can occasionally go back to earlier pages and gradually get everything up to date in the new schema - the original version didn't take note of icons on posts (like that smile up there), nor did it parse out "Last edited" bits. Also, I need to do a deeper breakdown of posts so as to be able to properly track quotes and count smilies

Comment

Hello

Just posted some news specifically in General...

Byeee

Comment

Over on Mahalo Answers, some bozo was asking a question about implementing a naughty words filter using regular expressions.

As well as pointing him to Jeff Atwood's post about the doomed nature of such an endeavour, I reminded him that his tests should include the name "Scunthorpe".

Lo and behold... Mahalo Answers renders it as "Sc--thorpe"

Kind of proves my point

Anyway, I've submitted a bug report

Comment

All

DD is playing the violin - HELP!
                Why o why did I agree to violin lessons as school?
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Just had a little kip

Lady VF off out in a bit to see a friend, so I'd better wake up and get the kids to bed.
                  Last edited by voodooflux; 14 January 2009, 19:41.

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                    All

Hi Zara

My sister used to torment a violin. Mind you, I think I probably got my revenge when I took up the trombone

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                      All

Hey Zara

Ouch! No.1 son is doing drum lessons at the moment - fortunately we gave the old drum kit to the school, but I think we may need to pick up a new one sometime soon so he can practice at home.

Comment

Working...
                      X