• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Well I've just had my M&S salad straight out of the packing in my Travelodge room. I can't even buy a beer here.

God I hate staying in motorway services - I'm looking for a B&B for next week...
    I once stayed in a Travelodge because my 3 week old Mercedes had broken down at the Wales Rally, and it was too late for them to get me a hire car. No beer. Me and a mate, both about 20 at the time, dumped at Swansea (or was it Cardiff) travelodge on the M4 with no beer.

We got a taxi to the nearest village, had a beer and food. Mercedes later refused to pay for taxi, beer or food. I pointed out that the hotel had cost them £49 instead of several hundred for the local Hilton (which under the terms of Merc's then Mobilo Life breakdown deal we could have stayed at), and they were arguing about £30's worth of food / beer.

They paid when I threatened to ring AutoCar and let them know!! I had to employ similar tactics to get all my money back from the dealer when I sent the damn car back about 3 months later.

That car was a definite Friday afternoon job.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      You really should be careful. From what I've been able to deduce, that person has some kind of legal hold over the admins that requires them to delete any thread mentioning her if she requests that they do so, otherwise they leave themselves open to legal action. Don't go thinking that this thread is immune - the admins have no interest in deleting TPD, but if faced with the threat of incurring large legal bills, they would.
      Then I shall email her to ask her. I might ask for a copy of her blog too.

Its not as if **** is her real name......

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        Evening all

Survived the drive home (the B roads are really dark)
        Cooked dinner - Salmon and baby corn with stirfry veg
        Found the missing DS (game not child) for my DS
        Done mock stats test with DD
        Loaded dishwasher
        Hubby ordered to put kids to bed

Now, where is that bottle of wine
        Hi Zara

Get back in the car - you need to get that wine to cojak's Travelodge ASAP

Comment

If so, you could always walk down the A34 to The Fox and Hounds, I suppose
          I've had a few in there. Good pub.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Well I've just had my M&S salad straight out of the packing in my Travelodge room. I can't even buy a beer here.

God I hate staying in motorway services - I'm looking for a B&B for next week...
            poor cojak : hope you find a nic B&B

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
              Evening all

Survived the drive home (the B roads are really dark)
              Cooked dinner - Salmon and baby corn with stirfry veg
              Found the missing DS (game not child) for my DS
              Done mock stats test with DD
              Loaded dishwasher
              Hubby ordered to put kids to bed

Now, where is that bottle of wine
              Evening

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Feel free to share (PM) the blog. I am intrigued by the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
                  Feel free to share (PM) the blog. I am intrigued by the whole thing!
                  It really was all a mountain out of a molehill!

I just cant understand how anyone can get that fixated on a single person.

Reminds me of when NF did an internet search on me and put up some of the results and asked me if I objected. I replied that no-one would be interested in anyone as boring as me.

At least he left Mrs BP's first name off which would have upset me......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

It doesn't matter if it's her real name or not. All that is necessary is that somebody can associate that name with her real identity (as we know at least one person can) and she then has the power to make threats of legal action demanding that any thread mentioning her be removed. The admins aren't going to waste money on legal arguments when deleting TPD doesn't cost them a penny.

No point playing with fire.

Comment

It doesn't matter if it's her real name or not. All that is necessary is that somebody can associate that name with her real identity (as we know at least one person can) and she then has the power to make threats of legal action demanding that any thread mentioning her be removed. The admins aren't going to waste money on legal arguments when deleting TPD doesn't cost them a penny.

No point playing with fire.
                      I edited my original post.

but I emailed her.

I like fire.

Comment

Working...
                      X