• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    going to do the island 2player run tonight
    and a few hola hoops
    Wii Fit?
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

20 mins to go
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        20 mins to go
        Hey Zara

Just off home now myself
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Morning all!

Might actually search Jobserve today, you never know. couldn't be bothered to do it yesterday
          I've got all my standard searches as RSS feeds: only takes a minute to skim through them in NetNewsWire to see if anything new has come up

Speaking of which, I've just been invited to an interview on Monday afternoon

Comment

hiya FaQ

found a gig yet ?

El 5*

got
            a

!!!
            !!!One in a Row!!!
            !!!No Cholesterol and CFC Free Bonus Point Awarded...!!!
            !!!

Merely for completeness or something

Comment

hiya FaQ

found a gig yet ?
              20 days back at old client on offer (my estimate was 3 to 5 weeks) - just emailed the agent to say that I want something in writing to guarantee that they will pay my expenses, and I'll do it.

Sent CV off to two others from Jobserve this afternoon, and spoke to an agent about something that might be coming off in the next couple of weeks that would be good (good enough that I would cut my usual rate for the experience )

So, not a bad afternoon, I guess (considering I didn't look until about 2.30!)
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                As HC will testify, I just Googled for "Google". I hope I didn't break the Internet.

I need tea.
                Every day Google gets many thousands of searches for "Yahoo"

Oddly enough, so does Yahoo!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I've got all my standard searches as RSS feeds: only takes a minute to skim through them in NetNewsWire to see if anything new has come up
                  Because of the way that different people word things, I just search for "Oracle" and then scroll through the page looking for work that I (a) can do; and (b) want to do.

Helps pass the time - this new-fangled RSS lark will never catch on, I tells ya!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Speaking of which, I've just been invited to an interview on Monday afternoon
                  Congrats!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    The other champion achievement is that the LED power supply monitor thingie I've just created takes so much current (60mA) that the little psu being monitored falls over dead with its legs in the air.
                    Bummer.

Even with super duper hyper bright dazzling burn your eyes out LEDs operating at 1mA it still goes tits up...

Turns out that it's because the 78L05 isn't man enough to start the +/-15V converter with an additional 10k load...

So it sits there with 1.9V output & gets very hot instead.

I love things like that.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      I had a granary bap with bacon, sausage and egg - trying very hard not to fall asleep at the desk now..
                      Was it from Fuzzy's? Their breakfast baps are excellent - quality sausages and bacon

Comment

Working...
                      X