• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just assembled the cot for baby VF - she seems to have taken a shine to the bars on the side and is using them to pull herself over. Whether she'll go to sleep in there is a different matter.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Evening Nick, how's stuff?

Is your Facebook app still coming along?

No.1 son got an iPhone 3G for Christmas (lucky devil) and I've got a couple of ideas for apps after playing with it.
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Evening Nick, how's stuff?

Is your Facebook app still coming along?

No.1 son got an iPhone 3G for Christmas (lucky devil) and I've got a couple of ideas for apps after playing with it.
          Yup, gradually getting somewhere

I'll have to look into developing for the iPhone at some point.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if the time I've spent over the last couple of days reading Microsoft's internal emails from around 1994 to around 1999 might not have been completely wasted

I've managed to get about four pages of notes (with each line denoting one to ten paragraphs) out of it all, on the subject of MS's attitude to Web Standards then, a bit later than then, a bit after that, and now - with an insightful analysis of their former anti-competitive practices, their failure to meet the expectations of their customers, and their fundamental mistakes when they first sought to address these issues in 2006.

If I get around to drawing all the threads together (which the notes pretty much do) and then writing it up, I might have a decent article

Of course, I can't remember which of the several hundred emails I read contain the points I want to cite, so I'll have to run through them all again... and there are several hundred more (well, a few thousand) I need to check to ensure my interpretations are valid and legally defensible

I really should bookmark these things as I go along. Unfortunately, it was only after I'd gone along that I realised that I had something useful to add to the subject

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I'm beginning to wonder if the time I've spent over the last couple of days reading Microsoft's internal emails from around 1994 to around 1999 might not have been completely wasted

I've managed to get about four pages of notes (with each line denoting one to ten paragraphs) out of it all, on the subject of MS's attitude to Web Standards then, a bit later than then, a bit after that, and now - with an insightful analysis of their former anti-competitive practices, their failure to meet the expectations of their customers, and their fundamental mistakes when they first sought to address these issues in 2006.

If I get around to drawing all the threads together (which the notes pretty much do) and then writing it up, I might have a decent article

Of course, I can't remember which of the several hundred emails I read contain the points I want to cite, so I'll have to run through them all again... and there are several hundred more (well, a few thousand) I need to check to ensure my interpretations are valid and legally defensible

I really should bookmark these things as I go along. Unfortunately, it was only after I'd gone along that I realised that I had something useful to add to the subject
              Interesting. Can I ask where you got the emails from?

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Population
                  1759 Revenues
                  407600 € Unemployment 0 %
                  Transport 100 %
                  Crime rate 0 %
                  Pollution 1 %

rank=310

Comment

Good morning all!

Morning CM!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Good morning all!

Morning CM!
                      Morning doggie
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X