• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    A cunning plan indeed!

Have a good time son!
    You too

Comment

I hope you all have a good time tonight.

For me, New Year's Eve is all done and dusted and it is time to get on with 2009.

I am now living in the future

The irony in that statement has really tickled me.

Comment

Now watching "the man who lost his head"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Dinner (looks like it should be ready in about twenty minutes), then the pub at around ten

It's usually a ticket-only thing - they only have a doorman at New Year, so he doesn't know who to let in.

This year, rather than going to all the trouble of issuing tickets, they've adopted the simple policy that if you know the landlord's name, you must be a regular and you get in.

I waited until closing time last night to point out that the doorman will be standing beneath a sign with the landlord's name on it

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            We're waiting for Ned to come back from the pub and then it's steak and salad!

CM & I have already consumed 1 bottle of red!

Nick, I hope you're off to the pub soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
              I hope you all have a good time tonight.

For me, New Year's Eve is all done and dusted and it is time to get on with 2009.

I am now living in the future

The irony in that statement has really tickled me.
              Happy New Year

Is the future all it's cracked up to be?

Comment

Time to drag myself down the pub

Comment

Time to drag myself down the pub
                  Enjoy, Nick - take care
                  The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Evening all...

I've eaten too much chocolate, too many brazil nuts, too many raisons, and too many dates.

And to cap it all, one of the dates had a long black hair stuck to it.

Comment

I haven't seen it, but I can imagine...

"Didn't there used to be three of 'em?"

"You might be right... The big one's still there, anyway."

"Even so..."

"Here, pass us one of those tourist brochures - I think they've got a photo on them."
                      It was rather less interesting than that; apparently it was stolen by the Romans.

Comment

Working...
                      X