• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are you?
    Good thanks! (see I have been practising).

I am currently enjoying an extended holiday, which would be absolutely fantastic if it wasn't for the fact that Mrs Gonzo and I have now moved into her parents' house. They do treat me well, but there is nothing like living in your own house.

But that should inspire me to get off my arse and start looking for some work in the new year, although I am unlikely to be a contractor, and I won't be in the UK any more, so I probably shouldn't continue to post on here.

Then again, there is not a lot else to do here and the TV programming sucks <DUCKS FOR COVER> so I'll probably end up posting more than ever.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 28 December 2008, 07:30. Reason: Apostrophe crime.

Comment

It's all very sad out there - must be post-Christmas syndrome or some such

Last night my local, which was supposed to be open until twelve, decided to shut at eleven as the assistant manager was too fed up with the evening to carry on - well, something like that.

Tonight the FMB bar, which was supposed to be open till two, decided to close at one because they didn't have many customers, and the manager didn't much like the ones they had - or something like that.

(BTW, this decision was made before I arrived, although of course that fact doesn't preclude me from membership of the set of people he didn't want to stay open for. However, it does imply that I may not belong to that set.)

Sunday should be a barrel of laughs

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's all very sad out there - must be post-Christmas syndrome or some such

Last night my local, which was supposed to be open until twelve, decided to shut at eleven as the assistant manager was too fed up with the evening to carry on - well, something like that.

Tonight the FMB bar, which was supposed to be open till two, decided to close at one because they didn't have many customers, and the manager didn't much like the ones they had - or something like that.

(BTW, this decision was made before I arrived, although of course that fact doesn't preclude me from membership of the set of people he didn't want to stay open for. However, it does imply that I may not belong to that set.)

Sunday should be a barrel of laughs
        I suspect people are just staying quiet in the run up to Wednesday night onwards.

It could be a messy long weekend - I would imagine a lot of people will "faire le pont" on Friday.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Population
            1748 Revenues
            404700 € Unemployment 0 %
            Transport 99 %
            Crime rate 0 %
            Pollution 0 %

rank=306

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quiet here today...

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Quiet here today...

Quiet AGAIN today.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Quiet AGAIN today.

How's things?

Comment

How's things?

Just took the baby for a walk : then took a trip to see xmas lights.

Now we are all watching Willy Wonka 2006

Comment

We had family round today

Comment

Working...
                      X