• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    less than 3 hrs to go
    Yay - keep on posting!
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Comment

At last! I've finally got a phishing spam purporting to be from a bank I actually have an account with!

Comment

Just counted up my pound coins with a dragon on the reverse - I save them whenever I get them in my change.

£251

And there's one down the back of the desk somewhere, too...

Comment

I just went to have a look at a recently-launched site, created by a company owned by somebody who's regarded as a bit of a "web personality".

On the very first page I looked at after the home page and a category page, some user-generated content contained a <script> tag (it was supposed to be example code)... which is being echoed straight back to any user, meaning the whole site is vulnerable to cross-site scripting attacks, general vandalism, identity theft of users, etc.

As there wasn't any code within the tag, it just causes a JS error (on Safari and Firefox) - but it's a massive security hole, and I'm not visiting any other part of the site until they've fixed it.

I'll be responsible and not name names until they've sorted it out - I emailed them straight away about it.

Given that the proud owner had spoken at some length about how, during this launch period, all feedback email was being sent to every member of the team, and they were required to also receive said emails on their phones and generally be on watch 24-7, there ought to be a few panic-stricken web devs postponing Christmas over in California right now

Comment

They fixed it, and are now giving me ten of their site's pretend dollars as a reward

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                They fixed it, and are now giving me ten of their site's pretend dollars as a reward
                Bonus
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                  Bonus
                  Indeed - once I have forty imaginary dollars, I can get thirty real dollars via PayPal

As it's been fixed, I might as well say what it is: Mahalo Answers, launched yesterday.

Comment

Evening <hic>

Just finished lunch <hic>

On the train now
                    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      last day today, hten not back in unitl the 5th, you ?
                      Ditto

Well, not in ClientCo until the 5th.

I will be in Bear Enterprises office working on Plan B
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X