• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just sent my CV off for another potential gig - Brum this time

Fingers crossed...
    Just had a call from the pimp - it sounds like a very nice gig indeed

All I have to do is blag my way into it - they won't be interviewing until Jan, but they've got a lot of technical white papers and stuff online apparently, so I should be able to get into their way of thinking

Apparently they already had a chap in there - after three weeks, it was decided that he wasn't up to snuff and he got canned last Friday

Comment

Comment

evening all

if there is anyone out there?

Comment

Just sent my CV off for another potential gig - Brum this time

Fingers crossed...
          good luck Nick

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            evening all

if there is anyone out there?
            Hi 5*

good luck Nick
            Cheers

Comment

Hi 5*

Cheers
              whereabouts in brum is the gig ?

Comment

Just had a call from the pimp - it sounds like a very nice gig indeed

All I have to do is blag my way into it - they won't be interviewing until Jan, but they've got a lot of technical white papers and stuff online apparently, so I should be able to get into their way of thinking

Apparently they already had a chap in there - after three weeks, it was decided that he wasn't up to snuff and he got canned last Friday
                Without wishing to sound obsequious, if anyone can do it you can...
                The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

whereabouts in brum is the gig ?
                  Just off the M6-M42 junction - Google Maps gives a theoretical 38 minutes door-to-door journey time, so knowing that stretch of the M6, it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to get there

Comment

Just off the M6-M42 junction - Google Maps gives a theoretical 38 minutes door-to-door journey time, so knowing that stretch of the M6, it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to get there
                    Its not working on SKA is it?

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                      Without wishing to sound obsequious, if anyone can do it you can...
                      Hi EO

Thanks - it sounds as if the gig will be a bit intense, but in a good way. The timing is pretty good though, as I've got the better part of a couple of weeks to be looking in detail at some of the stuff they deal with.

Apparently it involves working with their R&D team, which seems to be dealing with some pretty cutting-edge stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X