• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, time for some serious

I'm setting up a web & database server from scratch, running under Fedora Core 6 on Amazon EC2 - Apache2, mySQL, and PHP.

As it's on EC2, the only access to the machine is over SSH, so it'll be lots of command-line switches for me

Once that's running, I'll get memcached set up as well...

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Afternoon Zara

Do they serve beer in cups at your local then?
      No - put I could suggested they do hot mulled wine

Just found out I have got the gig at Bridgnorth

Will not be until January though as they shut down on the 19th Dec, so no more invoices for 2008

Rate OK, but may only be 1-2 months, unless they want me to stay on for their compliance audit at the end of March, this is dependent on how long their parent company suggest it should take to implement.

Oh - guess what - been called by two agents about Jag/landrover roles - what is going on here ?
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
        No - put I could suggested they do hot mulled wine

Will not be until January though as they shut down on the 19th Dec, so no more invoices for 2008

Rate OK, but may only be 1-2 months, unless they want me to stay on for their compliance audit at the end of March, this is dependent on how long their parent company suggest it should take to implement.

Oh - guess what - been called by two agents about Jag/landrover roles - what is going on here ?
        Congratulations!

I assume you'll be giving DB a miss then?

Comment

Excellent news Zara - are you going for the Bridgenorth gig then?

That JLR thing just won't go away will it - did they give any indication of where the roles were based?
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Congratulations!

I assume you'll be giving DB a miss then?
            Well, I have not had a contract through yet for DB ( or the contract role), prehaps I am not ready to be a permie just yet

Comment

Well, I have not had a contract through yet for DB ( or the contract role), prehaps I am not ready to be a permie just yet
              Another one saved from the clutches of permiedom
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

They will most likely be rolls involving the transition away from Ford based IT. The transition gravy train has had some extra carriages fitted recently to accomodate more "enablers" or some such bs.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Excellent news Zara - are you going for the Bridgenorth gig then?

That JLR thing just won't go away will it - did they give any indication of where the roles were based?
                  BA/Consultant at Solihull on Intrastructure Project

Agent no 1 said they had not heard of JLR making any cutbacks ( think I will send him a link)
                  Agent no 2 (my Seasonal pimp) just left message saying the will submit my CV)

Has anyone got any inside information on what exactly is going on? Surely some of the contractors they got rid off would have fitted into this role?

Comment

Ooh, look

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X