• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Yeah... those little hairs are the very devil...
    They can be handy for flossing aferwards though.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Morning Nick

How's stuff?
      OK thanks - still waiting for prospective new client to get his technical amanuensis to call me for a phone interview

Apparently he's got a gig in London and doesn't have much free time.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        OK thanks - still waiting for prospective new client to get his technical amanuensis to call me for a phone interview
        That's a great word, and one that I will use henceforth to refer to the "spanner monkeys" at ClientCo.

Comment

Mmm, roast pork sandwiches

Comment

There's some pork crackling in my sandwich box today as well - cunningly hidden beneath a layer of grapes.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Apparently he's got a gig in London and doesn't have much free time.
              Doesn't surprise me - I have been arguing in other threads the number of roles having a 2nd interview for contract roles at the moment as clinets are being more chosey over contractors and now have the attitude that they want the right person for a role rather then 'bums on seat'. It maybe more of a formality then testing technical skillls just to see if you have the right aptitude and can work along side this person.

Go with the flow and good luck.
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Oh - morning everyone.

Walked dogs this mornng and had bacon roll and a cuppa at the local pub aon the way back
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  That's a great word, and one that I will use henceforth to refer to the "spanner monkeys" at ClientCo.
                  HTH

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                    Oh - morning everyone.

Walked dogs this mornng and had bacon roll and a cuppa at the local pub aon the way back
                    Afternoon Zara

Do they serve beer in cups at your local then?

Comment

Oh - morning everyone.

Hi Zara - that sounds like a win!

Doesn't surprise me - I have been arguing in other threads the number of roles having a 2nd interview for contract roles at the moment as clinets are being more chosey over contractors and now have the attitude that they want the right person for a role rather then 'bums on seat'. It maybe more of a formality then testing technical skillls just to see if you have the right aptitude and can work along side this person.

Go with the flow and good luck.
                      Yup, I think that's the case. It's a small (in terms of people) business, and it's always important to have people who get along with each other in that situation.

Furthermore, their existing system works perfectly adequately - the gig is initially smoothing off a few rough edges and then adding some worthwhile-but-not-absolutely-critical functionality, so although they want to get things sorted out in the sense of having all the arrangements made and being able to file it away as "Done", they don't feel that need to get it sorted out ASAP or the whole edifice will come crashing down.

Ah well, it'll be worth the wait if it comes off

Comment

Working...
                      X