• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Goodnight all

Night shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiift. ........
      That boy go raaaaaaa
      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
        Is godaddy any good, I've never used them I need to buy a bunch of new domains.
        I'm probably too late, but I get all my domains through http://easily.co.uk/ and also have all my hosting with them, other than the stuff I'm moving over/only intend to host on Amazon EC2.

A few people seemed to be having issues (big sweary issues) with godaddy a couple of years ago, but they (godaddy) appear to have got their act together now (as in, there aren't loads of people slagging them off in my RSS feeds), so they're probably a viable option again

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Just that Louis Theroux show from last night.
          At the risk of sounding excessively effulgent, I must say that I think he's the best television journalist we have.

Of course he's particularly effective when operating somewhere like the US - when he makes programmes here in the UK, his subjects tend to be mildly surprised, but they've either encountered or heard of shambolic nerdy chaps such as him, and treat him with an amused tolerance. So they open up to him, but still have a rough idea of where he's coming from.

In the States, they're utterly bemused by him, because he looks and sounds exactly like their idea of an Englishman, yet they can't understand his shambolic approach to everything - the earnest, bumbling questions and so forth. As a result they end up treating him almost like a child, and thereby reveal much more of themselves as they patiently explain everything to him.

And then he brings the footage back and edits it down, and it turns out to be highly entertaining and deeply insightful... which is, after all, what one expects from the BBC in those interstices between Strictly Come Dancing and something to do with actors wearing bonnets

Comment

that is it....
            El_Diablo
            Fingers like lightning

century

Comment

BrilloPad 17,760
              zeitghost 14,666
              Diver 10,991
              cailin maith 10,931
              DS23 10,001
              BrowneIssue 8,564
              TheFaQQer 8,509
              NickFitz 8,041
              FiveTimes 6,608
              Bear 5,488
              voodooflux 4,377
              El_Diablo 4,064

Comment

my signature link is still undergoing maintenance.

Comment

Morning folks
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I just noticed this, nice one VF!
                    Aye, it's nice to have a good stint lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I'm probably too late, but I get all my domains through http://easily.co.uk/ and also have all my hosting with them, other than the stuff I'm moving over/only intend to host on Amazon EC2.

A few people seemed to be having issues (big sweary issues) with godaddy a couple of years ago, but they (godaddy) appear to have got their act together now (as in, there aren't loads of people slagging them off in my RSS feeds), so they're probably a viable option again
                      I think they became a victim of their own success for a while - they grew very quickly and standards slipped. I've been using them for a couple of years now without any problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X