• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I *think* I've still got all my copies of both Atari User and Page 6 magazines
    "Page six is common free RAM for all systems. Variables and vectors can be placed on page six and used by cassette-based software or diskette-based software. A directory of routine addresses can be computed and placed at run-time onto page six. Machine language routines can then jump through the page six directory to the routines elsewhere in RAM."
    - http://www.atariarchives.org/dere/chaptA.php

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      "Page six is common free RAM for all systems. Variables and vectors can be placed on page six and used by cassette-based software or diskette-based software. A directory of routine addresses can be computed and placed at run-time onto page six. Machine language routines can then jump through the page six directory to the routines elsewhere in RAM."
      - http://www.atariarchives.org/dere/chaptA.php
      I think I probably once knew that
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I'm getting a 404 from the link in your sig BP.

Comment

I'm getting a 404 from the link in your sig BP.
            sam here. try it with the sec at the end of you can seee site is undergoing maintenance. Its been down since noon - they need NF to sort it out.

Comment

I think I probably once knew that
              Did you ever come across the 6502's JMP (indirect) bug?

It bit me once writing something on a Beeb...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Did you ever come across the 6502's JMP (indirect) bug?

It bit me once writing something on a Beeb...
                No, I never encountered that - I can't remember doing much low level coding on the 800XL really, at that age I think I was more interested in playing Rescue on Fractalus, Spy Hunter and Gauntlet (a former boss of mine worked on the Atari ST port of the latter).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  sam here. try it with the sec at the end of you can seee site is undergoing maintenance. Its been down since noon - they need NF to sort it out.
                  Did you mean without the sec at the end? I tried that and got to a page displaying...

"Le jeu que vous voulez visiter est temporairement fermé pour des raisons de maintenance"

...which Babelfish translates as...

"The play that you want to visit is temporarily closed for reasons of maintenance."
                  Last edited by voodooflux; 1 December 2008, 21:23.

Comment

Did you mean without the sec at the end? I tried that and got to a page displaying...

"Le jeu que vous voulez visiter est temporairement fermé pour des raisons de maintenance"

...which Babelfish translates as...

"The play that you want to visit is temporarily closed for reasons of maintenance."
                    The game

Good old Babelfish strikes again

I remember in the early Eighties there was a piece on Look East (the BBC local news programme for East Anglia) with some guy from Cambridge who'd made a hand-held electronic English/French dictionary.

The presenter asked him "What if, for example, I wanted the French word for 'time'?" He typed it in, pressed the button, and the word "temps" appeared on the screen.

"And what if I wanted to translate that back into English?"

He slid the switch to the other position, pressed the button and the word "weather" appeared

Of course, that is also a correct translation of "temps", and more likely to be found in colloquial speech, but it made him look a bit of a prat
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 1 December 2008, 21:30.

Comment

Evening all.... just got in from cleaning out the final remnants of myself from my house as the tenant moves in tomorrow.

Result: Found 20 bottles of Leffe. Oh yes, they made it back with me!!

Comment

Working...
                      X