• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
    Clients are taking longer to come back to the agents at the moment - just going to contact mine to see if they have any news.
    It's a bit complicated - it's a small business (but with big clients) and the existing system was built on a contract basis by a mate of the owner, whose other business interests are now taking up too much of his time for him to be able to carry on. So the client has to find a time when both of them can get together to chat about the interviews, and the other bloke has some time free to call and discuss the finer points of the whole thing. He knows it'll be some time this week, but not exactly when, yet.

Ho hum

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It's a bit complicated - it's a small business (but with big clients) and the existing system was built on a contract basis by a mate of the owner, whose other business interests are now taking up too much of his time for him to be able to carry on. So the client has to find a time when both of them can get together to chat about the interviews, and the other bloke has some time free to call and discuss the finer points of the whole thing. He knows it'll be some time this week, but not exactly when, yet.

Ho hum
      Sounds so like the position I am in. They have a quality system from the US and which they inherited, and they had some contractor build a web front end but not linked into the system. They have been unable to find anyone who has had any experiance in the system so need someone to come in a basically see what the system can do and if it meets their needs. 3 people involved and they are meeting this afternoon to see where they want to go.

Ho hum indeed!
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Sat in a 'lessons learned' meeting at ClientCo. Anybody got any spare match sticks?

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
          Sat in a 'lessons learned' meeting at ClientCo. Anybody got any spare match sticks?
          Nope. But I have some skewers to use on the bore who is currently talking.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Nope. But I have some skewers to use on the bore who is currently talking.....
            Oooh that's a good idea. Better than my current plan of "If you can't beat them, bore them!"

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
              Oooh that's a good idea. Better than my current plan of "If you can't beat them, bore them!"
              The other thing you could try is banging your head on the wall shouting "I'm bored"

Comment

BrilloPad 17,744
                zeitghost 14,658
                Diver 10,991
                cailin maith 10,929
                DS23 10,001
                BrowneIssue 8,564
                TheFaQQer 8,509
                NickFitz 8,024
                FiveTimes 6,608
                Bear 5,488
                voodooflux 4,348
                El_Diablo 4,027

Comment

As I predicted (albeit only to myself) certain people are just going into defend the indefensible mode. Fecking idiots.

Comment

While driving in Wales on Friday from Porthmaddog to Beddgelert I noticed a railway line I had not seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      While driving in Wales on Friday from Porthmaddog to Beddgelert I noticed a railway line I had not seen before.
                      Being a I was suprised I had missed it - but looking it up on the map when I got home showed no trace.

Comment

Working...
                      X